Chapter 9- Muspelheim and the Heat

IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ!

I changed the name Heimdall called Aria in the beginning, it's Surtur now. SURTUR!!! Weird name, but it'll make sense. Trust me.

I'm so terribly sorry this took so long to update, I was really busy and when I logged on today I saw how amazing my fans were so I got motivated to update.

School starts up Monday :( so don't expect a lot of updates. If you're reading this, comment when my soccer games were, I'll dedicate three chapters to you and give you a shout out, I want to see who reads this. I know you don't expect a lot of updates anyway because I'm terrible, but I'm going to try and fit a bunch in this weekend.

I have to soccer games last night at 8 and 9pm, then another at 11:30 at night, like wtf? Who schedules this?

It's going to get hot in this chapter ;-)

- Gillian

Loki

The night was dragging on long, I had set up a table that Aria would see when she awoke. A cup of a fluid that hydrates you and takes away the headache given from a 'hangover' as Aria had put it. She was deathly still with no signs of pain. She just sat there with her breathing even and her body occasionally shifting for a more comfortable position.

She seemed different to me. Now when I see her I see a lost creature, I see a lonely girl. I see myself. I see a lost, scared and lied to child and I felt drawn to her. Her attitude, her rudeness, her witty tongue, all of it made sense now. She acted like she did, because she didn't mind if she died tomorrow. She didn't mind if she died at all. 

"Oh Aria," I whispered and shook my head. 

"Oh Loki," she mocked and sat up in bed. I jumped at her sudden acknowledgement.

"Whenever I wake up your always near. You have some stalker tendencies that I'm a bit worried about, for your sake." She said and groaned and rubbed her head, "I really got hammered last night, don't remember a thing."

"You remember nothing?" I asked and she yawned.

"Not much." She clarified and looked at her drink, "what's this?"

"Drink it." I said and watched her warily as I stared at her wrists.

"So what exactly do you remember?"

She looks up from the brim of the cup. Rolling her eyes she swallowed and pulled back, "I remember you being an ass, as usual. I asked Sif where a bar was, she told me, I went there, I asked for a beer. And that's it. Asgard has amazing beer, I tell you."

I wasn't angry, simply frustrated. She now has burdened me with the knowledge of her scars. She doesn't even know she told me. Should I inform her of this? No, she'd be upset. She wouldn't want me to know, she only told me because she was drunk. Maybe I should keep it from her, but she'd be upset if she found out I knew this whole time. Lose lose situation, lovely.

"I'm not surprised a mortal would say this." I tried to joke, but my voice sounded stiff and uncomfortable.

"Wow, this drink works." She said as she took another gulp. She hiccuped a bit and then something dawned on her.

"Hey, do you know why Heimdall called me Surtur?"

"He what?" I asked confused and shocked.

"Yes, we was going to say something else when Odin cut him off, but I remember. Surtur."

"Surtur is, he  ruler of Muspelheim. Realm of the fire giants."

*Aria*

"Is Heimdall calling me a fire demon?" I asked offended, that stung.