Chapter 4- Cold Lies

I was conscious before I woke up. My head was pounding uncontrollably, but I've had worse hangovers. Afraid to open my eyes and be met with blinding light, I just lie here.

I felt a cold chill go through me. The memories. I had killed my parents. I had caused all of this pain and suffering for Cara and myself. Why? Because I could light myself on fire?... Fire. I didn't feel any pain, but I remember being on fire. 

"Really, why must I stay here? This is so boring." A voice sighed from inside the room I was in.

"Yes brother-" Another said.

"Not your brother." The other snapped angrily, Loki. Loki and Thor.

"Yes Loki, you must stay here. When she awakens she might need to cool down."

"Lovely, I'm an ice bucket now." He said and Thor loudly sighed.

"That is not what I said-" he began but was quickly cut off.

"But it is what you meant." Loki cut him off, and I opened my eyes when someone touched my forehead with something wet.

A nurse was leaning over me dabbing my head.

"Don't touch me," I swatted her hand away and she went to protest, but I glared at her.

"Still feisty as ever I see." Loki said and I scoffed.

"Shut up will you?" I snapped and sat up scratching my head rather ungracefully.

"Doesn't your head hurt?" Loki asked and Thor coughed uncomfortably.

"I'm quite familiar with this." I said with a smirk, Loki didn't quite get it. I looked away from the 'brothers' in a moment of weakness. The emotions were crashing into me.

"Are you okay?" Thor asked and I nodded with a lopsided grin.

"So... why exactly, er, how did I get this... ability?" I asked and Thor glanced at me with a frown.

"We are not sure. Heimdallr was not aware of how you were given this ability,  just when you got it." Thor said and I frowned.

"And Cara died because of it?" I asked, feeling my throat close a bit, and Thor nodded carefully.

"How exactly? When she died she was freezing."

"Her body was undergoing reactions to the heat, trying to cool it. She wasn't able to survive the process her body... self destructed in a way." Thor said and watched me.

I looked at him and nodded calmly, then I stormed out of the room. 

I was the one who survived this terrible 'process' that killed my sister. I feel in a way that I had betrayed her. That I had befriended my sisters murdered, in a way I was her murderer. If I had not killed our parents she would've been stronger, less ill. In a way I had killed my whole family.

-_-_-Loki-_-_-

"I suppose you want me to follow her?" I asked my brother who looked at me pleadingly. I sighed and walked off after the infuriating mor- can I call her a mortal? She is not one. She is a being of powers.

The girl... Aria was it? Walked aimlessly around Asgard in awe. She watched everything in amazement and it confused me as to how she was feeling.

Does she not mourn? Does she not realize what has happened to her?

Finally she stopped. She came to a bench that looked over the water that led to the edge of Asgard. She stared at the stars in shock.

"Beautiful." She whispered and sat down. Looking down at her hands she closed her eyes.

"Cara,"  she mumbled, voice thick. Bringing her hands up to her face she studied it. In a loud and large 'poof' her hand erupted in flames. Jumping back a bit she stared in awe at her hand. Then she shook it, hoping it'll go out. She shook it again.

I continued to watch with a smirk. She shook her hand vigorously, standing up. Walking up behind her I grabbed her hand in mine, and with my cursed abilities I put her out. She jumped back and glared at me.

"You followed me here! Can't anyone take a hint? I want to be left alone!" She snapped and stormed past me to the railing. I stared in the spot she was at with a smile.

"You're welcome." I said sarcastically and followed her to the railing.

"My god this sucks." She shook her head and let it fall. Her fiery hair acted as a curtain, keeping her from the outside world.

"What?"

"Living a lie. It really really sucks." She shook her head and I cocked my own at her.

"This definitely doesn't mean I like you, because I don't, but I'd rather chill with you for awhile." She winked at me playfully emphasizing the word 'chill.' I rolled my eyes at her annoying, immature try at a joke

"You actually know what it's like." She became serious and rolled her eyes. She turned around, leaning backwards on the railing.

"Yes, I do. So you cannot complain to me about things." I said and arched my eyebrow.

"I'm not one for those cliche heart-to-hearts." Aria said bluntly and huffed, "what I want is someone to be fucking honest with me! And I don't care if you don't like my language, I'll swear if I want." 

"I wasn't going to say anything," I said in surrender.

"Perfect, you should stay that way." She said and I narrowed my eyes, "so what do you do around here for fun?"

I shrugged, "it depends."

"Thanks, for being specific." She said under her breath.

"I need not to be here." I said slowly and she looked at me in anger.

"Fine! Scram! Go away!" She said shooing me off. I glared at her and stormed away. 

Who does she think she is?

-_-_-_-Aria-_-_-_-

I glared menacingly into the sea. With a sigh I peered down the other side of the railing. A long drop.

If I fell, I'd be done for. Things are just far to fragile, so easily broken. Why were me made so soft? Why were we made so weak and feeble? Were we meant to be broken? 

Perhaps I was meant to be broken. Perhaps... perhaps I should just break, I thought as I turned and walked away from the edge.

-_-_-_-_-_- End of Chapter 4-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Please comment and SHARE this!!! I beg of you! Please!!!!!!! Get the word around!!!! Pretty please my lovlies!!! 

Stay beautiful ;)

- Gillian