Chapter 5: first day

I pulled a long black coat and wore it. Underneath it was a simple white sleeves and a sky blue fitted pants. Along with my get up, I wore long white boots and my hair was tied up in a pony tail.

The sun just rose a few minutes ago but we were told that we should be prepared for breakfast before the sun rose. I sighed out as I pulled a strap around my waist with a heavy sheathed sword.

It's hilt was made of gold with rubies and pretty other stones decorating it. I tried its sharpness yesterday and I must say, it was deadly sharp. Having to carry this around didn't appeal as a bad idea to me though since Rex explained that demons might attack any time with the barriers around the kingdom of Zamonia where I currently am is weakening.

"Muriel? Are you ready?" I heard Antoinette's voice outside and I quickly opened the door for her. "Yes." I shortly responded and walked along side her to the dining hall.

She was wearing a royal blue coat, with white sleeves underneath matching her white hair. Her pants were of the same color but her boots were the color of black with golden swirls.

Standing next to someone as pretty and as intimidating as her, I kind of felt self-conscious. "Awww. I loved seeing the color of your eyes. Too bad that you have to hide it." She said in disappointment when she noticed that I was wearing cerulean contacts to cover the real color of my eyes.

"By the way, Rex told me tell you that you are prohibited to remove it even when in this house, you are only allowed to remove them when you're going to sleep in your room." She informed and my eyebrows rose.

"Can you tell me exactly why I should follow that boy's biddings?" I said, starting to feel confused as to why these people were even heeding his words even though it was evident that the boy pisses them off at times.

She chuckled knowingly at that as we descended the stairs. "That kid might be troublesome but he has brains. He's the strategist within the twelve aside from Leirum who, even though being one himself has refused to tire out his brain." She explained making me form my mouth in an 'O' shape.

None was seated by the couches in the living room, however, voices came from the dining room so maybe they're already there. Sure enough, everyone was complete and they were waiting for only the two of us.

We had a merry breakfast this time and I enjoyed the foreign dishes served for they were exquisitely delicious. I also observed that Kevin's hair was died blonde just like mine. It seems that he has no plan on showing them the truth and I didn't plan to either.

My joy, however, was short lived as I soon found myself anxiously walking with the ten along with my brother as we headed to the academy. We took a lot of turns and walked through a lot of halls.

They all wore royal blue coats which looked like they were specially made for them, white pants and gold-colored boots. Their shirts on the other hand were of the same but varied in color which matched the color of their hairs.

Pretty soon, the team broke up and I found myself with only Rex, Kevin, Harumi and Leirum.

Leo explained earlier that this academy has seven levels accordingly which meant seven years of schooling. Cyan and Violet were both fifth years, Ryouta was a fourth year. Mikael and Alfreed were third years as Antoinette, and Leo were second years, leaving the rest of us as first years.

Unlike the schooling system on Earth, you can go to school here as soon as you decide to do so but you have to pass something like an exam but thankfully,Kevin and I were exempted from that. And the reason of those who wish to be in this academy is to polish their powers and serve the kingdoms after they graduate to ward off the forces of evil as knights and of higher ranks according to their potentials and power.