Chapter 51: depart

Muriel

       We stood there frozen in shock, not knowing what to do as the scar exactly the same as Cyan's slowly etched itself on Kevin's skin as if an illusion slowly lifting.

       He's a...fallen angel?... How can such thing be possible?

      "It hurts." Kevin cried in pain and tears welled up in my eyes while I hugged his head to my chest and whispered sweet nothings into his ears with my eyes still glued to the mark. I just can't believe what I was seeing.

       "I can't believe this." Cyan muttered in disbelief, a hand clutching a handful of hair while he stared wide-eyed at my brother's back, everyone having the same expression on their faces.

      Who wouldn't be surprised? Even I, her own sister would be utterly surprised for I myself never expected of such thing to happen. I, her sister even didn't know off this. For all my life, I always believed that we were humans only to be proved wrong when we came here in this world but never have I anticipated that he would be a fallen angel just like Cyan himself.

      How can he be a fallen angel?!

     "I remember everything..." Kevin stated softly, his shaking ceasing and he held on to me, his eyes burying to me, their golden color captivating me.

       "You... You're an archangel. You are not simply a fallen." Cyan paced around, his weary but alert eyes on my little brother or so I thought to be and I broke my gaze, turning at Cyan due to his unexpected remark.... Archangel?

      "Are you talking about the angels who took Lucifer's side at the rebellion that he had stirred up in heaven where all of them were banished from there?" I asked cautiously, my mind going overload like it had since my first day here.

      "Yes, I am talking about the Original fall. They were Lucifer's followers who rebelled and fought against God a long time ago. It was where he waged war against God." Cyan hastily answered and I was a little bit impressed that the others knew.

      I didn't have a clue that they know of it since what I knew is that it is only in the bible's found on Earth. They have plenty of knowledge on things more than I have originally thought. However, that is not the concern for now because right now---Cyan was telling us that my brother isn't just a fallen angel but an archangel instead who joined the rebellion that happened a long time ago which had been millions of years ago or so before even any of us nor our ancestors were born, I just don't know of Cyan.

        "I am." Kevin calmly stated, his body leaning back against his soft mattress and he closed his eyes as we tried to grasp our minds around everything else.

        "So mainly... the demonic energy came from you... The archangels... are demons in other words are they not?" Alfreed asked, slightly wincing from regarding him as a demon and a small smirk tugged up at Kevin's lips.

        "I am a demon." Kevin cleared up without hesitance nor doubt and the royal knights around immediately withdrew their weapons at the ready, my friends and I strangely yet calmly staring at him.

       "All of you royal knights, I order you to leave us." Shingu suddenly stated firmly, the knights looking aghast at his words.

       "But your highness! He is a demon and we can not leave you alone-----"

       The palace suddenly shook and we stared at Shingu who narrowed his eyes menacingly.

      "My orders are absolute. You do not have the right to question my orders nor my authority. Get out of the room and stand guard so that no one will interrupt us but I shall warn you that none of you eavesdrop or you will have no time to regret disobeying me. If word goes out, your heads will be all cut off." He snarled and the frightened knights could do no more.