Chapter 24:

Leirum. I watched as he stood next to me, a barrier surrounding us and his hands engulfed with different colors of flames. One part was fiery red, some white, some blue and there were still other colors that it made me wonder all the more how one man can have so much power.

        "I told you, let those captives go or you'll all be sorry." Leirum said in a cold and venomous tone as I quietly stood there. I'm smart enough to know that I shouldn't interfere. His mood changed drastically earlier but he wasn't telling why.

        It seems that I had nothing to do with him around doing all the work with just a flick of his finger. Man, this guy gives me the goosebumps. His very presence scares the hell out of me sometimes.

        This time around, the two of us were here at the altar of the largest church here in the city and it didn't help much with Leirum's case. The others told me enough what he hated most and worst case now, we're standing before the presence of the very being he despised.

        Yes, he despised God and in his mercy, he destroyed the building, blasted of the whole roof along with the walls and everything that talked about God. I don't know why he hated God so much but it was not my place to ask and I didn't dare.

       I grimaced, it was silly of these people to think that we were demons and chose to mess around with us. If there was someone not stupid enough out there, they wouldn't dare challenge the patience of the first ranker.

       But seeing as it is now, they blew off the trumpet call of war.

       And if anything, the humans were petrified, seeing the first ranker's power, I'm guessing that they were doubting if they should be thankful that he came or they should be afraid at the sight of his power.

       The armed men seemed shocked at his display of power as well. It seemed they didn't expect him to be that powerful. Well humans, allow me the most terrifying person I've ever met.

       "You humans, I'm running out of patience." Leirum threatened with impatience in his voice and suddenly, I looked up at the sky. Dark clouds gathered, forming a void like center which emitted deadly lightning. It wasn't normal.

        I tell you, this guy is a monster.

       Petrified with fear, the men scrambled away from the place like animals running away from the king of the jungle. The lion.

       "Foolish creatures." Leirum said as he clicked his tongue and turned his back at them, the rubble clearing him a path as I followed after him, wondering what the hell was going on anyway.

       "Is that your doing?" I asked and he turned while I pointed at the sky above and he looked up. A minute later and he shook his head.

       "No." Was his simple answer as he stared at the sky and I frowned. If it wasn't him who did it then who? We both looked up in wonder and saw the bolts of lightning coming from those heave dark clouds.

        A minute later, I rubbed my eyes, trying to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. I looked up again only to confirm what I thought I made up in my mind.

       "Oh sh*t." Was all I could say before I felt Leirum pull me towards one side and flew a few meters off above air as I dangled on his shoulder.

        I looked down and saw lightning hit the exact ground we stood at a moment ago and Leirum created a barrier around us to make sure. What in the world was going on?

       "Looks like Lydia decided to pay a visit after all." Leirum said while looking up and my ears perked up at the mention of the familiar name. If I wasn't wrong, she was the former fourth ranker.