Chapter 23: amidst the palm

"These bastards." Alfreed spat as we surveyed the area. The bastards she was ranting on about had taken hostages inside the mall and that was a serious problem since they were scattered on every floor and there were more or less than a thousand humans in there.

       "Harumi, that's it. You begin from the last floor, I'll start on the first floor. We need to teach these sorry creatures some lessons." Alfreed said with spite in her voice as she stood up and made her knuckles sound.

         I just shrugged. Knowing her, there's nothing else I can do to stop her from beating those evil humans senseless.

        "Just make sure you kill no one. First Lord's orders. After that, erase everyone's memories." I reminded her and she huffed before she sprinted off towards the main entrance of the mall.

           I noisily exhaled as I looked at the top floor of the building. Without further delays, I took of into the sky, heading for the top to begin my mission.

        A few minutes later and I crashed into the ceiling of the building, a perfect circular hole on the ceiling done by my barrier. I just hope the place wouldn't cave in or I'm in trouble. I looked around and grimaced at the scene I saw.

       Muriel said every human had darkness in them, in this case, this wretched humans have exceeded that and are worse than demons. How infuriating. Now I understand why no Azerothian dared hope live in this type of world.

        One cannot be tainted by darkness or they will turn to demons. I'm glad all Azerothians knows that.

        "Now, what shall I do first?" I asked myself with a sigh as I saw the stupefied humans surrounding me.

         A second after, they opened fire at me but I just brushed my hair back as my barrier melted what they called bullets into nothingness and I simply crossed my arm.

        Of course, I didn't do just that, I quietly created barriers around the human captives for them not to intervene in the mission. I can't fight and protect them at the same time.

         They finally stopped firing after some time much to my relief but I rose a brow when they pointed their guns at the civilians making the humans scream in terror and fear.

         "Quietly surrender to us or we'll kill them all." The leader it seems, threatened me and I scowled.

          "You heartless beings. How can you kill your fellow humans?" I spat at them but they didn't give any reaction at the least and I was then sure these weren't humans.

         "Surrender or they die." The leader repeated and I let the scowl leave my face as I smirked.

          "You heartless people!" A woman screamed while crying as she held her crying child in her arms and one of the armed men in the place pointed his gun at them.

          "Kill her." the leader ordered, his sharp gaze never leaving me as the child of the woman cried louder.

        A large gunshot echoed in the air as the humans screamed and I watched in content. The woman had her arms wrapped securely around her child making me smile but more than that, an old man tried to protect them just the same.

        Of course, none of them was hit thanks to my barrier. Now I'm glad I know there are still people with kind hearts.

          The people opened their eyes as they looked at the old man in amazement who was funnily confused why a bullet didn't pierce his body.