Chapter 35: Idris

Muriel

       "We're here!" My eyes fluttered open as I stretched myself and yawned. Ahhh, what a nice nap. I smiled to myself before excitedly rushing out of the door of the carriage.

        The others were already out and also stretching their stiff limbs and I was the last one out. Excitement filled me as I looked around and fed my eyes on the beautiful scenery.

        We were standing in front of the footsteps of a large castle. I shivered though when I felt the freezing cold biting at my skin as I looked.

       Oh right, we were in Idris, home of frost and snow. Everything was covered in snow, I couldn't even see the ground and little specks of white kept falling from the sky. It even felt like Christmas had come.

       The palace in front of us had many guards situated around. It was as big as Wingardium Academy but I was awed at the designs of the palace walls.

       They were entirely made of ice, snow flakes served as white glowing designs. But even so, it doesn't mean at all that you can see the inside. No, you can't and that's what made it more enchanting.

        It's towers rose to the sky like skyscrapers against the misty sky. The guards around were wearing cool all blue uniforms with linings the color of white and swords hung on their sides in their sheaths.

        "You'll catch a cold stupid girl." The first ranker's stoic voice brought me back to reality and I looked behind me when I felt something warm envelope my body.

       I could feel soft fur brushing against my skin as the coat warmed me up. It was a thick fur jacket, all the rest were brown but the linings by the neck was lined with white fur so soft akin to a cloud.

       I sheepishly smiled as I wore it properly, Leirum pocketing his hands inside a pure white jacket as he looked up at the main entrance.

      "Thanks devil prince." I retorted back as he gave me a brief glance and scowled at me. We were then supposed to have another round of taunting when...

        "Welcome my dear friends." a familiar voice interrupted us and I quickly looked at the large palace doors that I didn't notice to open.

       And I was right... It was Prince Janus.

      "Prince Janus, are you fine getting up already?" Antoinette asked with worry as we all walked to meet the Prince who chuckled.

       "I'm fine Lady Antoinette." Prince Janus answered in a genuine voice as he smiled warmly. Just like Leirum, he wore a jacket made out of white fur as we all exchanged greetings to him.

       "It's a pleasure to meet the powerful circle of twelve, along with the heirs of the other kingdoms and of the imperial kingdom, and of the Leader of the Highest Court Lord Azrael, what an honor." Prince Narsus chuckled as the others scratched their napes.

       "Don't flatter us too much Prince Narsus, our heads might grow big." Leo kidded around and all of us laughed, of course, except the expressionless first, silent Cyan, poker faced second ranker and Shingu who didn't have a care about anything.

       just what is wrong with this people?

       "You are so stiff as always, I see." Prince Narsus then turned to the first ranker and wrapped an arm around Leirum's shoulder who just rolled his eyes.

       "Well lady's and lords, please do come." The prince graciously said as he steered Leirum towards the entrance of the palace and entered the doors as we followed quietly, little did we know that Lord Azrael walked off towards somewhere and when we noticed, Prince Narsus just shook his head and said that the Lord has probably headed straight for the king.