Chapter 32: Agony

Muriel

   "Where am I?" I asked out loud as I sat up and stood, looking around but not seeing anything because of the darkness that surrounded me. I couldn't see anything. Just where the hell am I?

       Wait---- the last thing that I remember is that that mad scientist injected me with something when I was trying to save Ryouta. But where am I-----

         I looked around when a blinding light made me shut my eyes close as I shielded it just the same with my hands took a few steps back. Where am I?

          Squinting a little, I finally saw that the light vanished. But right now, I wasn't in the dark anymore. I was now in a room.

          A room that contained so many holes on the floor filled with glowing golden liquids like the ones I dived in for Ryouta and Mikael. What the heck is-----

         "Arrrgggg! You are so annoying! Why can't you let me be?! You've already given me so much pain for waking me up only to suffer in this damned place!" I turned around, searching for that familiar voice which sounded absolutely mad.

           My eyes didn't fail me as I finally saw the one I was searching for. Mikael... He was a kid this time and I don't know what the hell was happening but I know too well what this sensation felt like...

         I was in someone's memory...

         Mikael wasn't alone though. In front of him stood a kid version of Ryouta. What caught my eyes though were the bandages wrapped all around their bodies up to there necks. What is this place?

        This place makes me feel queasy and uneasy that I was feeling nothing but negative feelings from all around the place.

          "I have apologized a thousand times! That I didn't mean to wake you up in this hell hole! I tried making it up to you! I didn't intend to wake you up just with MY ANNOYING voice to make you suffer the same way as me!!! If I could turn back time then I wouldn't have even tried!" The shorter one, being Ryouta screamed out.

        They looked like they were in an argument. I could see the hate and despise in Mikael's eyes but they faded when he saw the tears on the other one's eyes who was obviously holding them back.

          "I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't mean to drag you in to my misery. I only wanted a companion..." Ryouta mumbled, so faint it was barely audible as I slowly walked towards them.

           Before Mikael could talk though, Ryouta spinned around and ran out of the door, grief and pain etched on his face as he turned, the tears falling as soon as his face was turned away from the other.

          I watched as he ran out the door, leaving Mikael with a face full of sadness and regret as he slid down on the ground, hugging his knees and burying his face as he angrily cursed himself.

       Feeling something drawing me towards the door that Ryouta went out off, I opted to follow my instincts and ran, following Ryouta who turned just around a corner, furiously wiping his tears away as he ran.

         The place was simply a maze and I immediately understood why I hated the place.

       Everything was white, so cold and reeking of the smell of chemicals and medicines, no different than the base of the mad scientist that we had infiltrated to save the other rankers, Ryouta,  Mikael and the human captives.