Chapter 31: scary kid

"Atleast it's not dark matter." Rex said as everyone settled down on the ground around the sphere. The humans were still in a barrier but finally, at least they had relaxed around us Azerothians.

      "Awww. And I even looked forward to hearing Cyan sing!" Violet whined with a pout while the cyan haired guy's eyebrows twitched with annoyance.

       "Dark matter or not, a sphere is a sphere. Damn it, I want everything to be finished already and get back to Azeroth." Alfreed mumbled while she sat next to Harumi who was warming herself to the fire that Kevin graciously conjured for everyone, Cyan next to her left.

      They were all seated except for Shingu and Leo by now in front of a large gray sphere in front of them, wondering what the hell happened and what was going on inside the sphere.

        Who conjured it? Was it Leirum? Ryouta? Muriel?

       "What's up with that kid sleeping in your arms anyway Cyan? Where's it's mother or father?" Rex asked curiously. Curious as to why a person who hated humans so much was now holding one of the creatures who had given him pain.

      Cyan looked down, pity passing through his eyes as he watched the boy who was now peacefully sleeping.

      The anger that showed on the others faces and the growl from Alfreed didn't went by unnoticed to Kevin and Rex who immediately understood that something happened.

        "Well, the mother died because her body couldn't handle the prince's blood. The poor boy doesn't even know about it." Harumi sadly said as she brushed the strands from the human boy's face and gently caressed his cheeks.

         Rex's face turned sour, an unnoticed look of envy and anger in his eyes flashing as he averted his attention back to the sphere in front of them and the second ranker couldn't help but sigh.

        They were stuck in the same situation. Even though they don't need to worry about a comrade since a demon wasn't involved this time, they can only wait again for things to unravel. Great, just great.

        "The boy can still have a family. Mother Hayne will be more than glad to accept another one." Kevin declared with a smile, making Cyan and a few others look up to him while Rex on the other hand was already deep in thought and his mind was busy scheming plans to even hear what was going on around him.

         "Mother Hayne? Is she the one who took care of you and Muriel?" Alfreed asked with interest and the twelfth ranker nodded with a bright smile.

         "She devoted all her life looking after homeless orphans like us and she was able to do it all by herself." Kevin said with pride and fondness in his voice about the lady and the others could only think that the lady was simply kind and had a heart unlike the so many unpleasant people that they had met.

       "It's settled then, the boy will be living with them. We'll be dropping off once in a while to give them all the things that they'll be needing." Alfreed declared and no one opposed.

       Kevin was happy that he had done something to help someone and joyed at the thought to be able to drop by once in a while which only means he gets to see his other best friend Zephyr, Mother Hayne and the other kids. Boy, he bets that Muriel will be just as happy to know.

         "While waiting, can you at least narrate how you met Prince Shingu? Hell, I thought it was just a rumour that the highest kingdom did have a prince that was just away in a mission! So please do enlighten us Kevin." Violet changed the subject and it wad a joke if they said that they weren't all interested.