Chapter 54: Unicorn blood and Phoenix tears

Alfreed

I sighed and just on walking around the ship, watching the sea and the large moon above an island near a small one along with the splattered stars above and a few wisps of clouds with the sky a deep dark blue color. It was simply a mesmerizing sight especially when the sea reflected it on its surface.

(haha. I know it's not that pretty and not much but here's a painting of what she saw. And yeah, I painted it myself.)

The captain was steering the ship along through the waves, whistling a happy tune at the same time and some of his crew going on about and fixing up things or other stuff to do just to keep them busy and occupied

The captain was steering the ship along through the waves, whistling a happy tune at the same time and some of his crew going on about and fixing up things or other stuff to do just to keep them busy and occupied. It was already time for bed but I didn't feel like sleeping so I chose to walk around for now.

While walking along and spending my time away, I remembered Raziel's words from earlier when we were all gathered in one room and I closed my eyes with a sigh. Memories huh?

I do not seem to have a past life unlike Ryouta and Mikael for all I know. I do not feel pain at my back like Raziel and Cyan due to their wings forcibly torn out of their backs and it's absurd to think that I am a fallen anyway. It could be possible but I feel so sure there was zero percent in that.

I do not feel anything new, my wings staying hidden away and invisible for crying out loud which I both hated and loved for it gave me the ability to fly. No new memories I knew off. I was a mere mortal for all I know and that is what I exactly want.

I don't need any complications in my life like the other rankers have, for I am aware of their difficulties and struggles because of their own pasts and present problems, thank you. I don't think I'll be as strong as they are for keeping on going without loosing their minds.

If I were in any of their situations, I do not know how to handle it. Their pasts are dark as is and who knows how I would have survived. I would have even gone insane! I could only be thankful that I weren't in their place.

I sat at a corner and tried to rethink about all of tonight's events and everything that had happened so far. Sure, Muriel and the first ranker arguing was nothing new to us since they always fight but their argument while we were flying and their argument earlier this night is way more serious than their normal exchange of spiteful words towards each other.

Well ever since the start, they didn't already like each other and I know that too well. Leirum was the one who sounded the trumpet call of war though.

Ugh, and speaking about that... I remember the look that Leirum threw Muriel's way the first time they made eye contact.

Back then, he had given the poor girl such a disgusted look and a sharp look of hatred and never stared at Muriel ever again which undoubtedly startled the girl and obviously made her think that she might have done something wrong.

He was always avoiding to look at the girl in the first weeks the same but they were both tense whenever they were around each other in those times.