Chapter 17:

I stared wide eyed at the creature who was diving down after me, intending to bury his claws into my flesh and kill me. Those black tears have finally stopped streaming down his beautiful ivory skin.

       For a moment there, I thought that I saw life and pain in those soulless and empty eyes, but when I looked again, it was plain white and nothing else.

         Whose voice was it that I heard? The wind whistled through my ears as my body did nothing to go against the deathly fall and I stared at the demon.

        Was he even really a demon?

         "I'm in pain... Please... S-save me.------"
        The creature shrieked loudly, his hands holding his head as the soulless eyes blankly stared at me, the black tears making me wonder all the more. Now, I was sure that the voice came from him.

          "Save you?! How?!" I shouted back, feeling stupid at what I was doing.

         I heard nothing from him as I continued to fall from the sky. Shiznits, I have not enough strength left-----

         "Why do I trouble myself with humans?" I heard a voice say as powerful arms made me wrap my arms around his neck. It was no other than Leirum. Last time I checked, I was invisible, how did this guy find me?

          "Kyaaahhhh! Oh my God! I'm flying!" I heard another familiar scream, full of energy and excitement, shouting as we evaded the demon and flew upward into the clouds.

      "Sister?" I blurted out. True enough, I saw her in the first rankers arms and happily waving her arms around excitedly which kind off annoyed the first ranker.

      "I think I'd prefer it if you were just screaming your lungs out in panic rather than acting like a kid right now." Leirum said with a blank tone as Muriel momentarily stopped to search for my voice and ignore the first-ranker's comment.

        "Kevin?! Are you alright?!" She asked, her eyebrows raised as her eyes scanned around, trying to look for me. Oh, yeah, I was still invisible.

       "I'm fine Muriel. I'm actually on Leirum's back but you can't see me since I'm under a spell which made me invisible." I informed and she nodded in understanding as she tried to look straight at me but ended staring at nothing.

         "I'm glad you're okay. What happened? We just felt a strong and powerful power a minute ago and came here when we thought of you. Wher-----" she stopped talking and gave a yelp as Leirum ducked and zoomed backwards suddenly.

          "Save me... Please... Destroy me."

      My eyes widened as I stared at the demon in front of us. The black parts of it's wings and hair spreading slowly as it floated in mid-air.

       "Prince... Janus." Leirum blurted out and I was in for a shock.
--------💙💙

        I stared at the demon in front of us. My eyes glued to the soulless empty eyes. Every now and then, I could see pain and agony in them. It's hair was golden, the same color of Kevin's eyes but his hair was streaked with black.

       A sinister powerful dangerous aura was coming from him as we flew face to face with it, it's eyes, blankly staring at us.

       "Prince Janus." Leirum stated in a low tone and my eyes widened. This was the brother of who we were looking for? A royalty?! How did this happen?

       "Please kill me. Please---" there it goes again, that voice I heard from him even though he wasn't moving his lips at all to talk.