Chapter 40:

Third persons Pov

       Everyone was in a panic as they struggled to get away from the demon which was the cause of all the ruckus. Knights immediately rushed to protect the royalties and high nobles inside the ballroom as the circle of twelve immediately stepped forward to face the demon, the imperial prince along with them and other royal knights.

      "So you've shown yourself." Shingu stated, a golden sword appearing at his side, the others arming their selves with what they either conjured or prepared in preparation of the imperial prince's warning earlier.

       "What are you even talking about." a voice reverberated on all the corners of the room alarming everyone as the rankers struggled to reach the origin of the commotion.

    "Ugh, I hate to ruin this gown but it's in the way." Alfreed mumbled, cutting of her gown slightly above the knees and throwing the torn fabric away without any care of what people may think off, the other female rankers having no other choice to do the same as they stood in a circle around the demon which stood amidst.

     A girl, disguised as a princess stood at the center of the crowd, dark green hair cascading down it's waist. And to everyone's surprise, it looked so human... yet the ominous air surrounding it can never be mistaken,

         "Show your real self demon." Alfreed snarled in annoyance, her sword tight in her grip at the ready as they waited for the appropriate time to attack.

       "Demon? Me? Excuse me but I am not a demon!" The girl everyone thought of as a demon snarled with emphasis on every word and with a scowl on her pretty face as her eyes narrowed. She crossed her arms around her chest and looked at Muriel, a smirk appearing on her face.

        "On second thought, I command demons under me anyway so... maybe I am a demon after all, why don't you figure it out yourself?" The demon mischievously said.

---------

               Muriel

      We all stared at the demon in front of us. It said it wasn't a demon? She looked so human, it's skin a dark tan. But we couldn't be deceived. That ominous aura around her tells it all----

      "Where did she go?!" Mikael shouted in a panic as we all turned around and scanned our eyes in a panic, a sinister laugh echoing all about the room as Rex, Shingu, Kevin and Cyan remained around the first ranker to guard him.

      My heart pounded loudly inside my chest as I tried to sharpen my senses, holding my twin swords at either hands as my eyes darted all around the place, trying to pinpoint where it was but I couldn't. It's aura was all around the place and I was starting to really freak out.

      How did things even turn out like this? Can't a week pass by peacefully? Since Kevin and I got here in Azeroth, we became involved in all sorts of trouble in the few weeks that we have been here----

       I froze and became rooted to the ground, my breath caught in my throat as I stared into onyx orbs...

     the demon was right in front of me, grinning from ear to ear like a giddy high school girl as she stared straight into my eyes. I could feel all sorts of shouts around me but I couldn't make out what they say since all I could hear was my pounding heart...

     "It's been a long time since I saw you." It said in a whisper and I snapped from my daze as I gripped the hilts of my swords, gathering up my courage as questions swirled around my head. What was she even talking about?