Chapter 12: Oh no

"Muriel. Wake up." A voice called out and I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes. As soon as I did, a sky filled with different colored stars met my sight along with Cyan's worried face illuminated by the light of a fire 

          "Muriel, are you alright?" He asked with worry etched on his face as he helped me sit up as I was lying down on the soft grass which served as my bed for who knows how long.

        "Yeah. What happened?" I asked back as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and opted to look around. A camp fire was burning a meter away from me and we were surrounded by trees.

        Everything rushed back to me like a wave and I looked around hastily, my eyes searching for Leirum and Rex. I then saw them, Rex was leaning over an unconscious guy whose chest part covered with white bandages.

        I quickly made my way to them, ignoring Cyan's shouts as I went near them. Rex withdrew and pocketed something as he looked at me but, I ignored him as I looked at Leirum.

        He was trembling hard and chains bound his feet and hands as a growl rumbled from deep within his throat. Beads of sweat trickled down from his forehead and his hands were balled into tight fists.

        "What's wrong with him?" I asked as I touched his hand but withdrew them when I felt the scorching heat of his flesh which was beyond normal before I looked at his face worriedly.

       Rex didn't anwer me, instead, he stood up and faced Cyan who was now standing up and silently watching us.

        "Muriel, watch over him. Cyan and I will get a potion to heal him. Just wait for us." He said and I nodded for I was in a loss of words and my words failed me..

        I watched as Cyan and Rex held hands and vanished in thin air with a small pop and I turned to Leirum when he groaned and began thrashing around, the chains did their job to restrain him as I backed off in surprise.

         Just then, he began screaming and shouting, agony and pain in them as I just stared, feeling helpless as I don't know at all what to do. I don't know what to do at all!

        As I watched, a fiery light, so bright, momentarily forced my eyes to shut themselves and I covered my eyes with my hands as I peeked and forced my eyes to get used with the brightness. Squinting, my eyebrows furrowed.

        I saw a mark on his neck and some trailing down his body like some sort of mark that I couldn't see well enough because of the fiery light.

         His pained shouts grew louder and he thrashed around more violently with every moment passing by, his hands gripping his head. "Aaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!" He screamed like a victim undergoing torture which only made me feel more and more helpless of not knowing what to do.

       I could only watch and bite my lips as tears threatened to fall from my eyes, blurring my vision from the sight of his agony. My eyes widened when I saw his skin on the chest not covered by bandages turning black rapidly, blood seeping through the bandages wrapped around his chest.

        He gave another shout and arched his back as his hand clawed the ground beside him, creating claw marks on the earth.

        "Leirum!" I called out and crawled towards him as the ugly red color kept on staining the white bandages. It gave me shivers at how much blood there was.

        Damn! Where's Rex and Cyan?! Why aren't they back already?

        Leirum began gasping for air, his breathing hitched and his body shook violently as fear made its way through my system. The sudden events gripping my heart with anxiety, as I looked.