Chapter 36: Snowmen

(Here's a pic of Shingu, yeah, short haired in this picture, just imagine that his hair is long. XD)

      Muriel

     Five minutes...

     Ten minutes...

     Thirty minutes...

     One hour...

     Okay, that's it! I rolled off from my bed and stood up with a grunt, cursing myself for being clumsy when my head accidentally head my headboard in accident.

     Groaning, I slowly stood up silently while rubbing my head, my eyes scanning the darkness and my eyes got glued to my window, snow still falling down from the sky above.

     Normally, I can't see the stars nor the moon of this planet unlike when I was back in Wingardium Academy. And I really like star gazing...

      "Why can't I effin sleep?" I mumbled to myself as I walked around the room, turning on the lights as I headed towards the window and watched the small flakes fall slowly from the sky.

      From what I see, beside's from my companions, I was the only one with my lights open and a few more from below and above, guards standing outside in their night shifts for look-outs.

     But usually, I'd just grab myself a glass of milk, I doubt that they have milk here though. I mean, where will they get that from here?

     But maybe a little walk around the place to tire myself out might help, I just hope the people here won't mind though.

     Gathering up my courage, I  walked towards my door as I peered, looking through the opposite halls for signs of anyone walking around the place.

     To my relief, it seems the maids have also retired to bed giving the fact that it was already late at night. They'll just probably wake up soon early to do chores like prepare food or such things of that matter though.

      As silently as I could, I widened the crack of my door and stepped out. I didn't want to wake anyone up or disturb anyone's sleep just because I couldn't get my sleep so I made my footsteps as silent as possible as I made my way around the place.

      Checking out portraits that hung across the walls, marveling at the intricate designs and structures of the place, getting awed by the pretty flowers frozen in time and many more, I spent my time exploring the place.

      Forgive me but I lived my seventeen years of life on Earth where nothing as great as these things on Azeroth didn't exist in.

      Simply put it that Azeroth was inferior at most things even though if humans were so intelligent with what they have achieved so far as technology...however, I must put it frankly that even the more they know, the less they understand.

       The technology's and stuffs they had discovered were the ones also that had back fired so many negative results and that refers to global warming, water crisis, climate change and the likes of similar disasters.

       I didn't notice then that because of me wandering around, I somehow ended up somewhere and I don't know how to get back to my room. Oh jeeez.

      But looking up, I saw some stairs that seemed to spiral upwards and I'm betting on it that it leads to a tower.

      Looking back from where I came from, I shrugged, might as well as explore it since I've come so far to here. I slowly climbed the stairs, one step at a time. At this part of the palace or castle, blue flames floated in mid-air at the sides, lighting up the whole way to the top and I questioned myself.