Chapter 30: not again!

"This is bad." Shingu stated as he evaded a lightning bolt that nearly zapped the light out of him. Lord Shadrach had showed up finally, while Muriel was still under the golden liquid, freeing Ryouta.

        He can't understand why the girl hadn't come up yet and was taking so long to emerge that it was quite tempting to pop the bubble he gave to Muriel. Maybe then he would reappear.

          The mad scientist wasn't present when the Lord arrived, suddenly showering us with bolts of lightning.

         "Don't hurt him. Just simply restrain him, now if you'll excuse me for a moment." The first ranker suddenly ordered the three kids and their eyes widened when they saw him dive inside the golden liquid, leaving the three of them alone with a pops, which potentially could serve as a lightning rod and already crackling with lightning at the moment.

         "Now that is what you call irresponsible adults." Rex said with an annoyed smug look on his face as he jumped back, avoiding Lord Shadrach's attack while Kevin snuck behind the Lord, ropes erupting from his palms, made out of molten magma that solidified as soon as it wrapped itself against the Lord's body, restraining him from moving.

         Lord Shadrach who still wasn't back to his usual self writhed and struggled, trying to break free but failed. A rope of solidified molten magma was indeed strong and not easily broken.

        "Whoah." Shingu laughed as he encased Lord Shadrach inside a barrier, cutting short his deadly lightning from completely killing us.

       "What did they even drug him with?" Rex asked curiously as he observed the struggling Lord inside the barrier. His eyes were blank and for some reason, he had only a bloodied white pants on, his shirt no where to be found.

      A vein popped on Rex when he saw the bruises and minor wounds all over the Lord's body as if he was tormented every day, new wounds replacing the healed ones.

        Suddenly, my eyes widened when something spread behind him. My mouth agape as I stared beyond utter disbelief at the sight.

        I would have believed that I was just imagining things if it weren't for Rex and Shingu who immediately backed away as the barrier Shingu created earlier was shattered into a thousand of glittering pieces that disappeared before they even hit the ground.

       I covered my face and firmed my stand as the wave of strong air hit me and I swear I felt a few stings through out my body.

      The gush of wind passed immediately and I peeped, seeing the Lord in the air, pure white wings spread behind him, somewhere between a nine or eight foot span. Now this was crazy.

       "This is really troublesome." I heard Rex say in an irked tone and saw them at my sides. Something warm flowed down my cheek and I lifted a finger to wipe it.

       I only determined what it was then when I saw it. A bloody crimson red color. I didn't just have a wound on my cheek, I had shallow wounds at different parts of my body and seems like the other two were no better.

         "And I thought only royal bloods have wings and that only a few who do not have the royal blood?" I questioned, preparing to defend if the Lord was to attack again.

          "Actually, besides those who have the royal blood, there is only eighteen in this generation who have wings but don't have the royal blood in them." Rex informed me and Shingu raised a brow.

         "Is the twelve included in that survey?" He asked while I just kept silent, feeling so out of place with their conservation and questioning myself inwardly how these two can talk cassually while in the midst of a fight.