Chapter 44: the demon queen

Alfreed

"How is Leirum?" Shingu asked err shouted while we blasted off and killed the demons before us who were trying to break the three's barrier but were only sliced to mince meat and therefore turned to ashes after. The least thing we could do now was lessen their numbers and eradicate as many as we can to rid the world of some darkness brought by demons.

My comrades and I were all trying our utmost best to slay as much as many demons as we could from a safe distance from inside the barrier though it was no easy task while they all seemed to rejoice of feeling their queen being summoned again back to this world. Sucks, but their queen was rising.

It was like before when we were on Earth on our damned mission to retrieve the prince's of Idris and two royal guards. We figured out then that they were all attracted to Prince Janus' demonic energy when he was turned into a demon with all of those numbers swarming over what they called a city. Thank God Leirum warned us then.

However, the one behind us now was Muriel which was one of our friends. As much as I hated to say it, a sinister and powerful demonic aura was reeking from her every now and then which happens to be the strongest of anything I've come across to as she fought her own battle with the demon queen who was trying to possess her body and mind which would put us in a pretty much dangerous situation where in the whole of Azeroth can be thrown into darkness if the queen of the darkness herself were to succeed of achieving their damned goal. We didn't want to think of it but the outcome will depend entirely on Muriel.

Other than the whole of Azeroth, we were in a tight situation at the moment. We couldn't exactly leave Leirum or Muriel behind either so we needed to hold out for now. We just can't abandon them and teleport to save ourselves. No can do.

Meanwhile, as strange as it is coming from me... we were concerned for the second ranker's well-being. Yeah, he's the scariest one in the group aside from the first ranker and he may be the most annoying and the most nerver-wracking kid I have ever met but he was still our friend and we consider him as our little brother along with the other who.

He may be acting like he was just fine even if he died once with a dagger through the heart ending his life before and coming back again to life due to Cyan's somewhat returned powers... He was still damn straining himself too much. Creating the divine barrier even with confederates were said to drain energy in an exceedingly fast manner that's why we're worried for him...along with the other two kids and it just hurt my pride as someone older to have my ass saved by them who are younger than me.

"In the name of Arslan! There's no end to them!" I heard Ryouta whine from somewhere with an irritated tone in his voice and I smugly rolled my eyes at his remark. I honestly felt rather both irked and exhausted at the moment.

Irked because of the never ending tragic and unpleasant happenings and exhausted because of everything that happened up until now along with what was yet to happen. I was drained off energy with all the fights and battles that happened consecutively in this single night.

I glanced behind my shoulders only to see Muriel still struggling with the inner demon in her. I can see the first ranker's lips moving but I couldn't read whatever he was saying at all.

I haven't actually still fully absorbed how he was able to penetrate through the supposed to be impenetrable barrier. I don't know if he's just damn invincible or what. But even if he was there, Shingu said it was no use since Muriel won't be able to feel her surroundings anymore and yet.... Deep down, we were hoping against hope that Leirum would save Muriel even if we don't know how it would be possible for him to accomplish that.

"W-we can't hold much any longer! We have five minutes at best." Rex's weakened shout made us turn to them and we were over run with worry as beads of sweat trickled down their foreheads, enough to give us the silent message that they really couldn't hold out any longer.