Chapter 33: Painful goodbye

Leo

      "You will all die!"

     "What is that supposed to mean?" We turned towards the sphere behind us and saw Leirum, Muriel and another unconscious Ryouta. That'll make him the fourth sleeping beauty----eeew, I mean prince.

         They walked up beside us and we noticed the first and the fifth rankers lips pressed tight in thin lines giving us the impression that something happened while they were in the sphere. By the looks of it too, it seemed like they had no intentions on caring to enlighten us about it.

         I just sighed and pushed the thought to the back of my mind and focused at the situation before us which was needed to be handled first. Geeeez, can't a guy get his rest? I'm dead tired with all these continuous troubles that I'm itching for it to end already.

        I just want to go back to Azeroth already and pass out in my own bed. Sighing, I looked to the front.

        The girl was now standing, the humans holding back the male teenager who she was with earlier to prevent him from going any closer to the girl who just made my heart pound nervously because of her words.

      Die? What does that mean? All of us?  A lump lodged itself in my throat and I forcefully and nervously gulped it down as I shook my head. Why did it have to be those kind of words?

       "Blood will be spilt, the moon will be a crimson color and you will all die!" The girl cried desperately, her voice shaking as I shared a look with the other rankers.

          "Child. What did you see?" Harumi gently asked as she dared walk slowly towards the crying girl and knelt before her, holding the girl's hand in hers. Could this girl...

          "I had two dreams which had kept on recurring the day your prince's blood was injected to me... It brought me nightmares." The girl sobbed.

        So, the prince's blood affected her. Now that half of the blood in her body was replaced by Prince Narsus' an ability was expected to have been gifted to her and yet... Dear Arsland, please tell me that this girl doesn't have the gift to see the future...

       Harumi gave us a brief glance before she returned her attention back to the girl and softly urged the girl to continue.

       "On the first one. I was inside a dark place. Bats hanging on the ceiling and watching everything... All of you were there me but all I heard was weeping... Soft as the gentle summer wind, but as sad as a grieving cry, a song resonates... One will die." The girl said, her eyes searching us, as if trying to find out which was the one to die.

        I inhaled deeply... One was going to die? This is ridiculous. It can't be possible, no way.

         The humans behind her were all giving us wary looks as we stared at the human girl.

         "The twelve has already been completed. The crown prince takes his rightful rank and the vessel shall pass away." The girl continued and we immediately turned our heads towards Harumi with worry in our eyes.

        "As for the second... A red crescent moon will rise into the sky, the world will be trapped in darkness, evil will rise. All of you will die and others before you because of one's betrayal." The girl croaked out and we all froze. One's betrayal?

         "C'mon. This is not funny. Those are just dreams. No one will betray anyone." Alfreed said in a firm voice but the girl just shook her head and cried as Harumi hugged her in her arms as if to comfort her.