Chapter 9: Battle Start

"Did they really pass out Yesterday at all?" Violet asked with a doubtful expression on her face. I shrugged. We were in the kitchen, cooking since it was our turn to do the task.

We watched the four we were talking about who were seated by the couch, Rex along with them and discussing about something that we couldn't hear from here. Though, they were so immersed in the conversation and they all looked serious, Muriel was kind of glum.

They were the earliest to wake up besides from us, like nothing happened Yesterday at all. Rex produced four little things we can't figure out since they were wrapped in velvet golden cloths.

Rex gave it out to each one of the four who took it. Muriel began unwrapping hers and we waited in anticipation to find out what it was all about, but the eleven year old kid, noticed us. He never misses anything does he?

Before we could try to pretend that we didn't know anything, a strong wind coming from no other than Rex, shut the door in our faces.

"What a killjoy." Violet muttered while I remained looking at the closed doors, trying to think what might have been in those cloths. Sure, Rex is quite the secretive one so a scene such as this often occurs.

He's one of those who likes to work alone sometimes, if not.... well, he reminds me of someone I just happen to know...

We just ignored it and continued on cooking, chatting away while doing so.

Time flew past by and the other rankers were all coming down, dressed and all. Ryouta was the first to open the door of course, since it is food were talking about and he's probably hungry by now. Well, he always was.

They all took their seats around the table and we began eating while the others threw doubtful looks on their faces and looked at the four who were pretty much normal.

"Ummmm. Muriel, do you feel fine now?" Harumi asked when she couldn't hold the questions in any further with reckless abandon as the one being questioned craned her neck upwards to look at her.

"Hmmm. Yeah, why would you ask that?" Muriel returned, her face confused as she put her spoon down and looked at the dark green haired girl.

"Helllooooo???? It's because the four of you-------"

"Muriel, Kevin, today is the duel, you have to hurry eating and prepare, train a bit." Rex cut off coolly, giving Harumi a look which told her to shut up already and we were quite beyond curious as to what was happening. Things are kind of going weirder and wierder.

Muriel averted her gaze from Harumi as she looked at Rex in confusion, Cyan and Kevin were no different but Leirum kept his emotionless face on.

"But I thought it was supposed to be tomorrow?!" Muriel questioned, her eyebrows raised as her sibling backed her up. What the hell was going on?

"No. The duel is today, yesterday was your last practice. You might have just forgotten." Rex calmly convinced them as we did our best not to shout out at him for making things complicated. Why were they asking anyway? They should pretty much know what happened to them.

"I don't remember what happened yesterday at all except the training portion. Did I sleep or what?" Muriel mumbled beside me under her breath, making me nearly choke on my food.

I threw Rex a look but he just kept his face straight, ignoring me completely.

"Hurry up idiot. We need to get you trained for a bit longer." Leirum said and stood up before he walked out of the hall, Muriel glaring at his retreating figure but nonetheless followed.