Boing-mas eve (1)

The morning of Christmas Eve the Matthews gathered around the table for breakfast with the exception of Maya Hart of course.

"Do I look fine?" Maya looks at her phone in selfie mode trying to see how she appeared.

"Yes Maya! You've always looked beautiful. Now would you stop it? Josh is my uncle."

"Then I would be your aunt." Maya smirks.

"I'm being serious." Riley warned.

"Never say never."Maya puts her phone away.

"Never."Riley says as she sits down next to her.

Auggie then rushed inside with Ava.
"Uncle Josh is on his way up." He pants.

"Where's my money?" Ava puts her hand out to Maya.

"Hey what about me?"auggie whines.

"Mine is ours augs." She rolls her eyes.

"Maya you promised them money to spy for you?" Riley raises her brows.

Maya gets up and hands them a dollar each.

"Yeah I do it all the time, how do you think I know that you sleep walked to the kitchen and ate all the cookies?"She chuckles.

"Oh shucks I thought I stopped doing that?" Riley groans.

"Happens to the best of us." Maya sighs jokingly.

Suddenly the door opens with Josh putting his suitcase next to the couch and then closing the door.

"Hey kiddies."He smiles.

"Uncle Josh!"auggie runs to him for a hug.

"Auggie!" Josh lifts him up and hugs him.

Maya's eyes wander to him as she looks up and down.

As Josh puts auggie down his eyes meet hers. Making his way to her, Riley gets in the way and hugs him.

"Josh, how's life?"she says with excitement.

He hugs back. "It's okay so far, I'm looking around at colleges. Hopefully I get accepted here that way I can pop in on you guys any time."

"Feel free to pop up anytime I'm here." Maya mumbles to herself.

Riley rushes to Maya. "Uncle Josh this is Maya my best friend but you knew that already."

Maya's heart starts to beat fast as the nerves kick in. She hugs onto Josh not noticing what she's doing.

"Uncle Josh!"She closes her eyes and then feels as though she's getting pulled back.

"Maya I'm not your uncle."Joshua sighs and takes a step back.

"Even better."she hums.

He starts to scratch the back of his neck anxiously. "Well Maya it's been a while. You grew up gorgeous." He compliments and then walks to Corey.

Maya giggles and turns to Riley. "Maya no." Riley grabs Maya's hand and takes her to the bay window.

"HE SAID THAT IM GORGEOUS!" She blushes. Riley rolls her eyes. "He's too old for you and he's going to college."

"But your father is like ten years older than your mom." Maya points out.
Suddenly Corey barges into the room.

"Ten?! Maya, Topanga and I are the same age."

Riley's eyes widen. "What?!"

"Teenagers I tell you." Corey sighs and leaves like nothing happened.

Hey cuties, I hope you enjoy the first chapter. I don't care for likes, I'm just passionate on writing about my otp. ~😉