Its my life too (9)

"Alright weirdos. Listen up and listen up good." Maya barges inside the apartment as Riley and her family enjoy breakfast.

"I got like a minute before he walks through the door."She rushes to them.

"Who's coming through the door, maya?" Riley smirks.

"Your uncle boing." Maya says excitedly.

"Maya it's been weeks. You've gotta get off this." Riley puts her hand on her shoulder.

"Nope. The reason he's not interested is because I've been playing it all wrong. See my strategy of turning into a total nut job at the mere sight of him ain't working out as planned."

"I think you've been playing it all right. Maybe he just isn't interested because of the age difference remember?"

"Yeah. Whatever." Maya groans and sits down.

Josh walks inside with an orange envelope in his hand. "Hey, family."

Maya tries to act as casual as she can even though the sight of him is making her die inside. "Yeah. Hi. I don't care."

He shuts the door. "My brother."

Corey looks up from eating. "My brother."

"So, Riley, shouldn't we be heading to school or something?" Maya looks at her nails.

"Sure. Let's go peaches." She stands up and walks with maya.

"I came up here because I wanted to do this in front of all of you. I hold in my hand an envelope from NYU." He says nervously.

Maya stops dead in her tracks. "Are we stopping?" Riley teases.

"I'm not stopping...I'm resting." She continues to walk more.

"What's in this envelope tells me where I'm going to be for the next four years."

Maya stops again and remembers that she needs to remain calm and to walk out that door.

"Are we stopping?"Riley smirks.

"I'm not as young as I used to be."

"Good luck josh."Riley says as they walk out.

Josh turns to Corey and topanga. "Is it just me or is there a new maturity in maya that I haven't seen before?"He asks confusingly, making him feel a type of way. "I find it intriguing."

Suddenly the door bursts open and maya runs towards josh. "WHERE WILL YOU BE?" She jumps on his back.

"GET OFF ME YOU LITTLE FERRET!"

In shock josh goes back and forth trying to take maya off but in the moment it seemed to be no point.

"Give it!" Maya grabs the envelope and takes the paper out.

"It's my life!"he shouts as he struggles.

"It affects me too!"she shouts back.

"DEAR APPLICANT BOING."

"It doesn't say that!"

"This year we are only accepting married applicants." She teases.

"It doesn't say that!" He repeats.

"We regret to inform you that..."she trails off.

Josh stops. "Regret to inform me?"

"We regret to inform you that, YOU WILL BE SPENDING THE NEXT FOUR YEARS WITH MAYA!" She cheers.

He puts her down quickly. "I got in? I got in!"

"We got in. Congratulations." She opens her arms for him to hug her.

Before he could do anything, everyone pulls him from behind and hugs him.

"This is so great. My buddy who goes there invited me to a dorm tonight to meet some college friends if I got in." He smiles.

"When is this little party?" Maya butts in.

"10 o clock tonight."

"Where is this little party at?" She questions.

"Greenwich hall."

A light bulb affect happens on maya and she smirks.

"Bay window. Bay window right now." She pulls Riley with her.

For which something sneaky happens.