New year new nothing

"I can't believe it's going to be a new year!"Riley claps her hands together. 

"Have any goals for the new year?" Farkle smiles.

"Stay true to myself."Riley looks over at Maya.

"How about you peaches?"

Maya shrugs. "I never have goals and even if I did, I don't follow through."

"I want to make it on the baseball team this year." Lucas chuckles.

"Hey lets play this card game Smackle brought."

Josh walks in and dances randomly.

"You okay there?"Maya chuckles.

"Yes! I have news. Mariah and I have broken up. " Josh announces.

"What happened?" Maya pretends she cares but is dying inside.

"Mariah set up some camera somewhere in the living room to see if we talked and she caught me."He shrugs.

"That's not weird at all."Maya talks sarcastically.

"Well it's pretty hard to avoid Maya in the first place."Riley chuckles.

"Do you want to play Josh?"Lucas asks.

"Yeah okay." Josh sits with them.

Maya's eyes light up. She quickly snaps out of it and looks at Lucas. She picks up a card.

"Is it possible to love two people at the same time?" She reads out loud but quickly shoves it in her mouth.

Lucas looks at her confused. "Is that a touchy subject or?"

"No, I just don't like personal questions."

"Okay, uncle Josh your turn." Riley awkwardly chuckles.

Josh picks up a card. "What is your dream date?"

He looks straight at Maya. "Star gazing at the woods in a pick up truck with blankets and pillows all over."

Maya's eyes widen and she blushes hard, remembering when she first told josh that.

"Oh it's almost midnight." Farkle shouts.

"Let's go on the roof guys." Riley suggests.

Everyone walks up on the roof and with 2 minutes to go, Maya looks at Lucas.

"I'm glad you came."

"I wouldn't miss it." Lucas chuckles.

A projected light in the sky pops up with numbers for the countdown.

They all begin to shout the numbers. Maya looks at Lucas and he starts to lean in to kiss her at the last second.

Before anything could happen Farkle shouts.  "Riley still likes Lucas."

Maya freezes and she feels her heart ache for a second. "Is it true?" She turns to Riley.

Riley avoids eyes contact with her.

Maya chuckles to herself. "Well there you go Lucas, she likes you. Get back with her."she rushes out.

"Maya wait!" Riley goes after her.

"You lied to me Riles. You said you didn't like him."

"I know and I'm really sorry-

"I can't ever be happy."Maya cuts her off.

"Maya I liked him first. He was my boyfriend, I wanted to make you happy by giving up something that made me happy." Riley snaps.

"I am so sick and tired of you feeling bad for me, you make me feel like a charity."Maya tears up.

"I didn't mean to."Riley frowns.

"Well you did it anyways. Happy new year." She mumbles and walks out.