The comeback

Maya wipes her tears away as she rushes to Riley's. Thoughts swarm her mind and all she could fully grasp is that Josh was making the biggest mistake of his life.

He's 18 how could he even know if he wants to spend his life with her?

She takes several deep breaths before entering the building and getting on the elevator. Her hands shake from the massive anxiety attack she knew was coming as she begins to press the button. She shakes her head and stops but someone quickly blocks the doors from closing and gets on.

"Oh hey Maya, I was actually wondering when I'd see you." Mariah bats her eyelashes as she looks down at her phone.

Maya wipes the little bit of tears that began to fall on her right cheek before Mariah could notice.

"I would assume it's to tell me the big news? I heard you and Josh are getting married. That's probably the biggest news since Kim and Kanye getting married. Congrats." She shifts her eyes, desperately waiting to get off the elevator with every number that had passed.

"I hope you respect that I don't want you near Josh, I don't need him changing his mind so suddenly." Mariah comments while putting her phone in her pocket.

The elevator door opens just as Maya was ready to speak her sarcastic mind. She knew that she was better at hurting peoples feelings deep down than physically hurting people in general.

She shakes her head in disbelief and follows Mariah to the apartment. One knocked and the other walked right in. Maya knew that she was welcomed but for Mariah, that was a whole other story.

Josh's eyes lit up at the sight of Maya and he walks towards her until stepping dead in his tracks when he noticed Mariah. He itches the back of his head nervously anticipating what was to come.

Maya avoided eye contact with him and walked passed to check out what was in the fridge. She poured herself water and sat down silently. Josh made his way to say something but was instantly cut off by Mariah. "How would you feel if I said, we should start having a family?"

Maya spits her water out and coughs heavily trying to process what was said.

His eyes widen and his body stiffens. "I think that's too fast don't you think?"

"Uncle josh I don't know if May-" Riley covered her mouth quickly once realizing her best friends presence. "MAYA!" She runs over and gives her a big hug.

Maya fake chuckles while returning the hug. "This is probably the most excited you've been to see me."

"What are you doing here?" Riley questions acting as if she didn't know the real reason and looks over at Josh.

"I actually came to tell you something important but I forgot so I should probably start heading back home. Oh and congratulations Josh, see you on the holidays." Maya tries rushing off but Riley blocks her way.

"I-it's getting pretty late Maya, I think it would be beneficial for you, if you spent the night. You don't want to be tripping or for a homeless man to steal your food." Riley tries to convince her.

"Well I do hate when they do that..." Maya stops to think.

"Great then it's settled. MAYA IS STAYING THE NIGHT."

A/N: *LOTS OF DRAMA IN THE NEXT CHAPTER SO BE ON THE LOOKOUT*