A rock and a maya (8)

"YOU TOLD HIM YOU WERE IN IT FOR THE LONG GAME?!" Riley sits at the bay window.

Maya reminisces the moment and thinks about how Josh never reacted in a good, or bad way. It confused her very much. She snaps out of her thoughts and sits next to Riley.

"Yeah. I take back what I said. I do have hope. After the family game night when josh said 'friends become family'. I saw something different about him. Riley you know how much I want to be apart of your family." Maya explains.

"You know what?" Riley stands up. "I gave a lot of thought about you and my uncle. You mean so much to me Maya. All I ever wanted was for you to be happy and if he makes you feel something. Then I would be proud to call you my future aunt." She smiles wide.

"Oh riles."Maya stands up and hugs her.

"And I don't want you to give up on anything ever. The Maya that I know never does." Riley hugs back.

"And the Riley that I know would never let me fail at something no matter how hard the struggle." She smiles.

"Do you ever think he'll like me?"Maya wonders out loud.

"I believe he will. I just think he needs a little time to realize that."

Maya nods. "Understandable. So what do I do then?"

"Continue the long game and be yourself."

"Now let's talk about huckleberry."Maya smirks.

"Oh no.."Riley groans

"Cmon. Your always giving me advice. I wanna know what's up with you two. Anything official yet?"she winks.

"No. I don't think he likes me. We sit so awkwardly together, I have no idea how this works." She frowns.

"Are you nuts? Riles, the way he looks at you isn't a way a friend would to another friend."

"Really?"

"Well friends don't kiss."Maya points out. "Do you want me to talk to him?"

Riley's eyes widen. "No! Please don't, I beg of you."she whines.

"Fine, but you need to talk to him about this. He might think you don't like him either."Maya suggests and grabs her bag of clothes. "I'll see you tomorrow." She hugs Riley and walks out of her room.

"You're so cute."Joshua laughs as he talks on the phone.

Maya over hears as she walks by him. "IM NOT GONNA KISS YOU JOSH, SUCH A FLIRT YOU." Maya shouts playfully trying to get the person on the phone to be mad.

He takes his attention off his phone call and looks at her. He suddenly hears a click from the phone and his jaw drops in shock.

"you didn't just say that." He tosses his phone on the couch and walks up to her.

"Oops did I ruin something for little ol boing?"She smirks and walks towards the door.

Josh runs to the door and blocks her. "Apologize."

"Make me."She gets close to him.

Josh starts to get nervous knowing what could happen if she got any closer . "Bye Maya." He moves out of the way and rushes out.

"Well I tried." She shrugs and leaves.