Tensions a charm

"Okay Maya you are officially being released from this mess. How do you feel?"Riley cheers.

Maya chuckles and grabs her hospital bag. "More alive than I've ever felt."

"Good. I'm just a bit anxious for you."

"It'll be fine, Riles. Geez, you worry more than me and I was the one in the accident."Maya jokes.

"I just don't want you to stress and think back to that trauma." Riley pats her back.

"Thank you. Now let's get out of here, I'm freaking starving."Maya could hear her stomach grumble.

Riley and Maya walk to Corey's car and hop in.

"Hey Maya, where to?"Corey turns to her.

"What? You're not going to ask how I'm feeling?"Maya raises a brow.

"I would but I know that your going to be asked that this whole week."He shrugs.

Maya nods and looks down. "Is it okay if I stay the night?"

"Won't your mom want to see you?"Corey questions.

"She barely visited. I think she'll be okay with me not at home for one more day."Maya mumbles.

Corey turns around with a frown on his face. "To home we go."

------

Riley opens the apartment door and walks in.

"Home sweet home."Maya mumbles.

"Aren't you excited to see-"

Maya cuts her off. "No talking about that thing."

"Teenagers."Corey looks at them confused and walks away.

"What's the matter?"Riley frowns.

"It's supposed to be a secret for a while. I don't think Josh is THAT much ready to show me off like he thinks he will."Maya puts the bag down and takes her shoes off.

Josh enters the living room and smiles. "Maya!"He walks over and hugs her.

Maya's eyes widen as she hugs back in surprise.

"Sorry I didn't text, I've been sleeping majority of the day."Josh explains.

Maya hums and holds onto him longer. "Who cares?"

"I do."He chuckles.

Corey looks at them. "What's this?"

Josh pulls back quickly. "Oh uh I was just telling her again how sorry I was and that I'm glad she's okay."

Maya scoffs and looks over at Riley.

"Bay window."Riley whispers.

They both walk to Riley's room and sit down at the window.

"He lied, Maya."Riley glares.

"I'm not surprised."Maya looks down.

"Have you talked to Aaron?"Riley questions her.

"Nope. I tried to call but he never answered. I guess after the dance he was done with me."She shrugs.

"But he sent you a card. That has to mean something."Riley tucks a strand of hair behind her ear.

"It doesn't really matter at this point. Josh and I are together now."Maya blushes at her dream finally becoming reality.

"He's embarrassed of you."Riley glares at her.

"For now he is. But soon he'll get over it."Maya shrugs.

"Soon as in months? Cmon, what if he doesn't stop being embarrassed of you? Will you still stay?"Riley snaps.

"I want you to stop. Stop judging my choices. For most of our friendship you keep doing that."Maya stands up.

"That's what best friends are for. We look out for one another."Riley crosses her arms.

"Well I don't need help on this one riles."Maya mumbles.

"Honestly, you've changed. Ever since the ski lodge when Josh admitted his feelings you think that nothing else matters but him."

"That's not true."Maya argues.

"He hurt you, Maya. But you chose to go back to him. Aaron could have treated you better. I'm officially disappointed in you."Riley snaps.

Maya starts to tear up. "I need a break from our friendship."Maya walks out and slams the door.