Attempt

"Hey riles, what did you need to talk about?"Maya raises a brow and sits down by the bay window.

"Okay, so I want a puppy and-"

"You really rushed me over to talk about a dog? Why didn't you just call me?"Maya mumbles confused.

"Umm because-"Riley tries to talk.

Josh walks into Riley's room with a huge bouquet of flowers.

Maya's eyes widen. "W-why do you have so many flowers?"

"I'm giving them to a special someone."Josh chuckles.

Maya blushes. "You didn't have to.."

"Yeah but Mariah has been so different with me lately and I just think that maybe I shouldn't have called it quits with her."

Maya heart starts to beat faster and she scoffs. "Wait what?"

"Well believe or not. Mariah has just been so kind and she's found a new muse that makes me want to spend all my days with her."Josh acts like he's a love sick puppy.

Maya glares at him. "You never once bought me flowers yet alone one."

"Jealous?"Josh smirks.

Maya grunts with frustration and gets up. "Riles name the dog boing. Boing is the new definition for dog in my book."

"Don't try to even make me look like the bad person here just because I have interest in someone else. I'm not coming at you for being with Aaron."Josh snaps.

"It's not someone else is the thing. It's freaking Mariah we are talking about!"Maya crosses her arms.

Josh sighs and looks at Riley for some type of help.

Riley jumps up. "Okay, so how about we have a little dinner later? All three of us and our plus ones."

"I'd rather pass."Maya rolls her eyes.

"Why? You afraid to see Mariah?"Josh teases her.

"No? I'm busy with a thing..."Maya trails off trying to think of something.

"A thing?" Josh smirks.

"Yeah. A thing at a place."Maya shrugs.

"Okay great. 6 o'clock it is!"Riley interrupts.

Maya glares at Riley and leaves the room.

Josh looks at Riley and smiles. "She's so mad! Did you see how lit her eyes were when I came in with all those flowers?"

"Yeah she thought they were for her. Does Mariah know about this?"

Josh nods. "Yeah, she hates Maya with a passion so we are in for a show."

"Let's just have faith that all goes well. Operation make Maya jealous is a go."Riley smirks.