Not another cliche

Riley walks over to Josh. "Please talk to her for me?"

He nods and goes after Maya.

Maya enters Riley's apartment to get her things. She looks at her finger and decides to take off her friendship ring. She puts it on Riley's bed and goes towards the window to climb out.

"Maya wait!"Josh grabs her hand making her startled.

"You freaking scared me!"Maya playfully hits him.

"I need to talk to you."

"About?"She raises a brow.

"Riley cares for you so much that she sacrificed her happiness for you. You can't be mad at her."

Maya looks down. "She lied though. I could never do that to someone I cared about."

"Yeah but you like her crush. You don't think that hurt her?"

"I only started liking him when I went on that date with him. I never intended to feel a way about the kid. All i wanted was to make you jealous." She blushes. 

"Yeah I know. Riley told me." He chuckles. "And again she let you go on a fake date with her crush to make you happy. I think you need to take some responsibility for what you did too."

She sighs. "I do. I don't deny I didn't do anything wrong. I just feel that she tries to push happiness onto me because she feels bad that I rarely have any in my life."

"What's wrong with a little happiness?"

"It doesn't last."She sighs.

"Don't be too hard on yourself, Maya."

She chuckles. "I always am, that's the thing. Look, thank you for trying to talk to me but this isn't going to change anything."

"You're not the same anymore."He speaks up.

"What? Yes I am."She defends herself.

"You're becoming Riley. You're losing yourself." He looks down at her.

"Proof?" She raises a brow.

"You like school, you dress like Riley, and you don't like me anymore. You like Lucas."

"I sensed a bit of jealousy at the end." She smirks.

"I'm far from jealous, Maya hart."He chuckles but finds himself leaning in towards her.

Maya looks at his lips and back to him. She starts to lean in too but suddenly snaps out of it.

She shakes her head and backs away. "I like Lucas."

Josh nods. "See, the Maya from months ago would have killed to have that moment."

"Yeah but the Josh from months ago would have said I'm too young."She snaps back and climbs out of the window, leaving Josh speechless.