Its not just a crush (10)

"We're going to sneak out?"Riley nervously plays with her hands.

"Yeah, I want to be sure there isn't a cute, smart college girl that is gonna sweep my boing up."

" what kind of party starts at ten o'clock?"

"A college one."maya says sarcastically.

"I don't want to get into trouble.."Riley

"Well not if we get caught..you can pretend your asleep." Maya walks over to the bed and fakes it like Riley is there.

"See? Looks like your sleeping. Now can we go?"

Riley sighs and nods. "Are you sure this is a good idea?"

Maya shuts the door and turns the light off.

"After you."Maya points to the window."

Riley nervously opens it up and climbs out.

Maya follows after her and start heading to the college.

"This is bad, I feel bad."Riley excitedly  rambles on.

"Okay you little rebel." maya smirks and puts her arm around her shoulder.

"Now I know what it's like to be you, maya."

"It ain't so bad hm? But don't ever be like me. This is just a one time thing."Maya warns her.

Maya never wants Riley to be like her. If that happens it might as well be the end of the world.

"What are you going to do if uncle Josh likes a college girl?" Riley breaks the silence.

Maya looks off wondering what could happen. Different possible scenarios come to mind but she doesn't want to think of the negative things.

"I'm not sure riles,we just gotta see." She mumbles.

After a while they finally get there, they stand by the room josh is supposed to be in.

"You ready?"Riley looks at her.

Maya nods and takes a deep breath. As she turns to go into the room she sees josh and girl talking.

It sounded flirtatious but It could be a conversation about pickles and Maya would still get jealous.

She turns around and shakes her head.
"I can't do it. How did I think I could ever compete with these girls?" She frowns.

"Maya we did not come all the way here to go back. Now you go in there and say how you feel." Riley pushes her into the room.

Maya gasps as she gets pushed, making josh look at her.

His eyes widen. "Woah. Maya, Riley you are not supposed to be here, go home."

A random guy stands up. "Hey ladies."

"They're in middle school." Josh cuts him off. The guy takes that comment back and sits down.

"You're right, this was a bad idea. Let's go."Maya turns to Riley.

The college girl gets up. "Intrigued. What's a bad idea Maya?"

"He's her uncle josh, I call him uncle boing because look at him." Maya speaks up.

"She made me sneak out of a window to come here. That's how much she likes him. She thought that you guys were witches and that you'd steal him from her."Riley admits.

Out of nowhere a group of sorority girls take Riley away and josh follows them out.

"So, Maya, what do you see in this guy?" The girl questions her. "How long have you had a crush on him?" The other girl cuts her off.

"It's not a crush. I know I'm not as old as you guys but I know how I feel." Maya sighs. "I just thought if I came here and told him how I felt then maybe we could come to some understanding."

Josh walks in. "We have an understanding. I stay here, you go home."

"Sit down." The girls cut him off. "

"Okay." He nervously sits on the bed.

"I'm stupid aren't I?" Maya says embarrassingly.

"No." The girls say in unison.

"So, Maya told you about her little crush?" Riley looks at them.

Maya starts to feel anxious. She gets up. "It's not just a crush."

"Maya what in particular do you know about josh that you like?"

"He's part of your family Riley, I love your family."

"Yeah, Maya you barley even know me." He cuts her off.

"Oh how can I not know anything about how you drove all the way over here to show your acceptance letter to your big brother not knowing if you got in because you want him to be proud of you. And I see the way you are with auggie, a little kid who looks up to you and loves you."

"And I know that after this you are going to walk me and Riley home because that's the kind of guy that you are."

She notices the shock on his face but continues on.

"I like you."

The guys eyes widen. "Dude what is wrong with you?"

The room goes silent and all she wished was for josh to admit that he liked her too and to say that he would wait till she turned eighteen to date her but that's not what happened.

Josh jumps up. "She's three years younger than me."

"Sit down." The girls snap.

"Nope because if I sit down then it'll lead to something. Now come on." He sighs.

"What are you doing?"Maya asks confusingly.

"I'm gonna walk you two home." Josh's voice cracks and he walks out with them.

None of that was what Maya would have expected. But expect the unexpected.