New blue

Hours pass and the bus stops in front of the school. All of the kids gather their things and walk out one by one.

Maya watches Aaron quickly get his bag and stand up.

"Peaches, come on."Riley snaps her out of it.

"Oh."Maya gets up and walks with her off the bus.

"You okay?"Riley frowns at her.

"Not really."Maya admits.

"Do you need to vent?"Riley puts a hand on Maya's shoulder.

"I should have said something. The way Aaron acted and how he spoke. I saw me through him. Pain and rejection."Maya frowns.

"It's not your fault. He took you by surprise peaches." Riley whispers as they pass a group of people.

Maya shakes her head. "I'm just so frustrated with myself."

"You're confused. It's understandable to react the way you did."

"Want to know what Aaron said? He said that he isn't someone's second option and my heart stopped. I said that to Josh." Maya looks at Riley.

"He's is a male version of you, Maya. Now here, carry this bag."Riley hands her one.

"Riley? Hey, your dad told me to give you the clip board so you could check everyone off."Aaron looks around uncomfortably.

"Okay thank you."Riley smiles and takes it.

Aaron smiles a bit and walks away.

"He won't even look at me, Riles." Maya mumbles.

"Give him some time."Riley assures her.

"Maya you owe me $10." Lucas goes up to them.

"Oh crap."Maya rolls her eyes and takes out money.

"Wait what happened?"Riley looks at them confused.

"We made a bet. I said that your uncle Josh wouldn't last the whole bus ride without getting back with Mariah. I caught them kissing." Lucas shrugs.

Maya hands him the money. "I said they would get back together tomorrow."

"I don't understand you two."Riley jokes.

"But you love us."Lucas laughs.

"I sure do."She smiles.

Later that day Maya goes over to Riley's to spend the night.

"Everything happens for a reason. I need to remember that."Maya mumbles.

"Exactly, so think maybe something better is going to happen for you."Riley assures her.

Maya nods and lays on the bed.

Josh knocks on the door and walks in. "Hey, I'm sorry about what happened with Aaron."

"Thanks, well nothing good follows this girl around."She chuckles as she points to herself.

"Yeah about that...I know that you have a homecoming next week and I wanted to ask you to it."Josh scratches the back of his neck.

Her eyes widen and she looks over at Riley hesitantly.

"Uncle Josh what is your problem?"Riley snaps.

"What? I like her, she likes me."He shrugs.

"But you were making out with Mariah today."Maya glares at him.

He sighs. "She was there so I kissed her. Big deal."

"Yeah that is a big deal. You can't keep doing this to Maya."Riley crosses her arms.

"I'm not getting back with Mariah, okay? I want to try with you, Maya."He looks at her.

"I don't know if i could trust that you wouldn't get back together with her."Maya mumbles.

"You said you would try to get a page from my book and I'm finally allowing you to rip it out. Why is it now that you are having trouble?"Joshua questions her

"Because it was too good to be true. You're not the uncle boing I once felt like I'd faint over."Maya stands up and exits Riley's room.