Exactly opposite

Maya walks inside of Riley's apartment and sees an unfamiliar girl sitting down. She hears someone walk in and her heart beats faster once she sees that it's josh.

"What are you doing here?" He speaks up.

She shrugs. "Thought I'd meet the girlfriend." She fake smiles and look over.

She notices the girls appearance and gives him a confused look.

"Hey I'm Maya, Riley's best friend."

"I'm Mariah, nice to meet you. So I heard that you two met in college."

"Oh yeah, I was actually painting something for a project and he asked me for directions. I'm taking an art class there."

"Maya loves art." Riley enters the conversation.

"Really? I'd like to see your work." Mariah smiles.

"Oh I'm not that good."Maya chuckles nervously.

"Maya you're amazing. She's amazing."Riley smiles.

After a while the conversation kept getting more interesting. Maya learning about Mariah and how much they have in common.

"I should probably get going."Mariah gets up. "It was nice talking to you." She looks at Maya.

"Yeah, hopefully Josh brings you around often."Maya lies.

Josh holds Mariah's hand and walks her out.

"What a night." Maya mumbles and goes to the kitchen.

"Tell me about it." Riley sighs and follows her.

"I wish I was that girl." Maya opens up a water bottle. "I need some boing in my life."

Riley looks at her disgusted. "That's my uncle your talking about."

Maya laughs. "yeah well a girl can only hope."

Josh walks back in and sighs.

"So Riley guess who asked me out." Maya speaks loud enough for josh to hear.

Riley looks at her confused till she notices what's going on.

"Who?" She jumps.

"His name is Ian. I met him at moms diner. He's REAL cute and FUNNY."

Josh sits with them. "How old is he?"

"Age doesn't matter josh." Maya takes a sip of her water.

"Hey, guys I think I'm going to brush my teeth before bed." Riley rushes out leaving Maya and josh alone.

"Are you trying to make me jealous?" Josh questions her.

"Why would I need to make you jealous? You don't like me and you have a girlfriend remember? Oh speaking of that. Do you mind explaining to me how your dating a girl  who looks similar to me?"  She snaps.

"That's not why I like her." He defends himself.

"Oh okay. What's one thing you like about her that we don't have in common. I'll wait."

"I don't even want to argue right now." He sighs.

"I just think it's really selfish of you." She whispers.

"How Maya? Are you mad that I'm happy?"

"I'm mad that you don't even give me a chance. This freaking girl is an older version of me. Am I just ugly or something?" She frowns.

"Maya your-

"Too young. Yeah it'll always be that way, I should just really forget about how I feel for you." She tears up and goes to Riley's room.

Josh sighs. " I was going to say you're beautiful." He whispers.