My own way

Hours pass by and Josh can't help but wonder about Maya.

Did you check up on Maya?" Josh coughs.

"Why do you care?" Riley raises a brow.

"I don't." He looks at his phone avoiding that he even asked.

"You keep telling yourself that."She mumbles.

"Anyways, my girlfriend is here. I'm going to go get her. Can everyone just please be normal?" He yells for everyone to hear throughout the apartment.

Josh smiles at his girlfriend and opens the door for her to walk into the apartment first.

Riley walks over as she takes a sip of her drink.

She notices how familiar the girl looks. Blonde hair, colored eyes, pale. Her eyes widen and she spits the drink out.

"What's the matter with you?"josh glares at her.

"I'm so sorry, I'm Riley." She coughs and shakes her hand.

"I'm Mariah."

"You've got to be kidding me...even the name?"Riley thinks out loud.

She notices and chuckles nervously. "Josh could you help me....find my shoe?"

He raises an eyebrow and nods. "Uh okay, Mariah just take a seat, I'll be right back."

He follows Riley to the room. She turns around. "Is this a joke?"

"I don't understand what your saying." He looks at her confusingly.

"Are you serious? Do I have to spell it out for you? She looks exactly like Maya. For God sakes her name is similar too."

Josh shakes his head. "I don't see it."

"Well then maybe you should get your eyes checked."

"Riley, Joshua, since when did Maya age so fast?" Topanga jokes as walks in.

Josh freezes. "That's..my girlfriend Mariah."

Topangas eyes widen. "Oops." She walks away quickly.

"Maya is gonna love this." Riley chuckles and takes her phone out.

Josh rushes to her and takes her phone out of her hands. "No she's not. She's not gonna find out."

"So you do like her."Riley smirks.

Josh rolls his eyes. "I have a girlfriend Riley. Just don't say anything to her. You do realize that all this assuming is going to hurt her even more?"

Riley sighs and nods. "Yeah I know, I just wouldn't mind her being my aunt."she teases.

"Never in a million years." He chuckles. "Let's go have dinner with my beautiful girlfriend."

*cough*  "Maya...I mean Mariah." Riley laughs.

He rolls his eyes and walks back to the living room.

The front door slams and he sees Maya.

"What are you doing here?" He speaks up.