party

party - chapter twelve

rosie

I was really surprised when Lydia called me, asking me to help her with the dresses of her birthday party, so she told me to meet her at Allison's house. I saw Lydia with some bags on her hands.

"Clear your schedule. This could take a while." She smiled.

"How many outfits do you plan on wearing tonight?" I asked and Allison laughs.

"It's my birthday party. I'm thinking host dress, evening dress, then, mm, after-hours casual."

I take a look at the beautiful dresses she picked up. "I noticed that you didn't send out any invites." Allison said.

"It's the biggest party of the year, Allison. Everyone knows." Lydia sighs.

"I was wondering if maybe this year things, you know, might be different." Allison explained and I checked my phone.

"Why whould anything be different?" Lydia asked.

"Just 'cause things have been off lately." I mumbled. "Things and people. Like Jackson."

Lydia looked at us. "Why do you care about Jackson?"

I shook my head and Allison smiled. "Do you know if he's coming tonight?"

"Everyone's coming." I looked at Allison. "This one's american rag, mm, I love it." Lydia said, holding another dress. "For me, not you. This one's material girl, it's for you."

Lydia grabbed another dress, giving it to Allison and looking at me. "And this one, is for you Rosalie." She gave me a really cute dress.

"Uh, thanks."

We heard a knock on the door and we looked at Allison's mother.

"Ms. Argent! What do you think of this one?" Lydia asked, shaking a blue dress.

"Oh, it's lovely. Allison, uh, can I grab you for a moment to talk? Just the two of us." Ms. Argent asked, looking at me and Lydia.

"Um, can we do it later?" Allison asked.

"Actually, uh, to be honest, sooner would be--would be better."

"Party's at ten!" Lydia exclaimed.

"Uhm, will you be around before then?"

"I think so." Allison replied.

"You think so."

"I don't know."

"You need a slip." Lydia asked Allison.

"Oh, I guess that black one would fit."

"Alright, here we go." She looked at me.

I giggled. "No, it's too much."

"I think I like it." Allison said and I noticed her mother leaving.

***

Lydia opened the door.