trepanation

trepanation - chapter fifty

rosie

I felt pain on my cheek so I quickly opened my eyes to see Malia on top of me. I looked around and I saw Stiles, he was still asleep, probably having a nightmare.

"Let's go." Malia mumbled.

I shook Stiles and he woke up panting, scared and almost screaming.

"Shh, shhh. I'm here." I whispered, grabbing his face, making him look at me.

Stiles looks right into my eyes, letting out a sigh and I smile at him.

"How did you get in here?" I asked Malia, turning to look at her.

"I broke the lock." She mumbled. "If I concentrate I can be pretty strong."

We stood up and Stiles groaned, still a little dizzy so I helped him.

"There's another way to the basement." Malia said and we looked at her. "Through the closed unit. Where they keep the real psychos."

*****

Malia opened the door for us and we got in. 

"Thank you, Malia." I said, smiling at her.

"It's fine. Just scream if something happens and I'll try help." She said, leaving the basement and I looked at Stiles.

Stiles walked into the basement and we looked at the wall with the symbol that meant "Self."

"Do we know what are we looking for?" I asked him.

"Something to do with that." He pointed to the symbol.

We walked towards the wall and I moved my fingers on the symbol. We started to look for something else and we found lots of boxes, so we grabbed them and sat on an old couch.

****

"This place was definitely used to be a lot more weird." I mumbled, looking at the papers. "Electroshock, ice baths. Trepanation?"

"That's what Oliver was talking about." Stiles mumbled. "Trepanation is when they drill into your head."

"No wonder they don't want anyone down here." I groaned.

Stiles sighs. "There's nothing here." He shook his head. "Babe, can you check the lines on my back?" He raised up his shirt, turning around. "Just tell me if they're fading."

I looked at the marks and I let out a sigh. "Yeah, they're almost gone."

He glanced at me and I shook my head. Stiles moved back to his place, looking at me and holding my hands.

"I'm scared." I confessed.

"Me too." He sighs. "I don't want anything to happen to you. Rosie, you need to get out of here."