incongrous

incongrous - chapter twenty seven

rosie

I heard the thunder crashing as my dad looked out the window. Since they have some cross-country meet thing, my dad made me go with him. Which means, stay in a damn bus with boys. Just boys. Allison and Lydia were in a car, following us, since Scott got into a fight with the alphas yesterday. At least I could stay with Stiles.

"Back to your seat!" My father blows the whistle, pointing to one of the boys.

Stiles was looking at his iPad and I looked at Scott who was leaning against the window, I let out a sigh and I lean my head on Stiles' shoulder

I glanced at Scott and poked Stiles' arm.

"Yo, Scotty." Stiles snaps his fingers in front of Scott's face. "Hey, yo, Scotty? Still with me?"

Scott looked at us. "Yeah, sorry. What's the word?"

"Anachronism."

"Something that exists out of its normal time." Scott mumbled.

"Nice. Okay, next word, incongrous."

"Hm, can you use it in a sentence?" Scott asked.

"Yes. Yes, I can." Stiles said. "It's completely incongrous that we're stting on a bus right now on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened, incongrous."

"Or, it's so incoungrous the fact that my dad made me come with him to this stupid cross-country!" I groaned.

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd." Scott said.

"Perfect. Okay, next word. Um, Darach." Scott and I looked at him. "Darach, it's a noun.... We have to talk about it sometime, okay?! And were gonna be stuck in this thing for, like, five hours, so why not?"

Scott leans his head on the window again and Stiles sighs.

"Next word." He cleared his throat. "Intransigent."

"Stubborn, obstinate."

The bus rattles and Scott groans, closing his eyes.

"Oh, buddy, you okay?" Stiles asks and Scott exhales. "We shouldn't have come. I knew it. We shouldn't have come."

"We had to." Scott looked at him. "There's safety in numbers."

"Yeah, well, there's also death in numbers, okay? It's called massacre... or bloodbath, carnage, slaughter, butchery, wow, that's..."

Scott groans again.

"Alright, Scott, I'm telling my dad that--"

"No. No, no, no." He looked at me. "I'm alright."

"Well, you don't look alright!" Stiles exclaimed.

"Would you just let me see it?" I asked, almost sitting on Stiles' lap, which caused him to almost choke out.

"I'm okay."

"Just let me see it, okay, Scotty?" I made a pout.

He nods. "Okay."

Scott lifted up his shirt, I saw the claw marks, with blood all around it.

"Oh, dude..." Stiles sighs.

"I know it's bad, but it's because they're from an alpha." He sighs. "It'll take longer to heal."

"How come Boyd and Isaac are fine then?" I asked him.

Scott leans against the window again and I look at Stiles, he shook his head.

"I can't believe he's dead. I can't believe Derek's dead."