werecoyote

werecoyote - chapter forty one

rosie

Stiles and I were running though the woods, trying to find Scott, that's when I saw them almost bumping into each other. Scott and Stiles let ou a scream.

"Oh." Stiles breathed out. "I think we found something;"

"Do did I." Scott said.

We made our way back to a part where Stiles and I were. We approached it and Stiles turned the flaslight.

"It's a coyote den." I mumbled.

"Werecoyote." Scott said.

They got in the den and I just stood up, waiting for them.

"You see this?" Stiles asked, grabbing a blue jacket. "This is Malia's. Remember, it's the same one she was wearing in the photo."

Scott grabbed a teddy bear and I shook my head. "We shouldn't be in here."

Stiles turned to look at me when Scott nodded. "What do you mean?"

"She's not going to come back now. We just invaded her home." I said. "Our scent's going to be everywhere."

"If she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know." Scott said.

"Can you track her now? You think you got her scent?" Stiles asked.

"Maybe. But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf. And I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back." Scott mumbled.

Stiles sighs. "The door's still open."

"If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help." Scott said. "This is basically a crime scene, right? I think it might be a little out my boss's league."

"And more in my dad's." Stiles murmured.

***

Sheriff Stilinski got out the den, walking at our direction.

"You're sure it was her?" Sheriff asked.

"I looked her right in her eyes. And they glowed just like mine." Scott said.

"It makes sense, Dad." Stiles said.

"But it wasn't a girl. It was a four-legged coyote, right?" Sheriff asked.

"Well, okay. But yeah, see, that's the point that we don't have exactly figured out yet." Stiles mumbled.

"Okay, but if it was a full moon and she did change while her mom was driving, then anything could've happened." I said.

"Horrible things could've happened. Ripping, shreedding, tearing things." Stiles said.

"Which is probably what caused the accident." Scott nodded.

"Think about it, Dad, alright. They're driving, Malia starts to change, she goes out of control, the mom crashes and everybody dies..."

"Except for Malia." I said again.

"She blames herself, right, goes off running into the woods and eventually becomes trapped inside the body of a coyote." Stiles mumbled.

Sheriff nodded. "That makes sense." We smiled and Stiles sighs. "In a Chinese folktale!" Stiles opened his mouth. "Kids, this is... This is insane. I need this kept quiet. The three of you, not a word. I don't want anyone hearing about this. I especially don't want Mr. Tate hearing about this." Scott turned around. "Scott? Scott!