nemeton

nemeton - chapter thirty eight

rosie

"It's the nemeton. That's where she's keeping them. It has to be." Stiles quickly said as we walked though the school.

"Stilinski!" We looked and I saw Scott's father.

"Ugh. Alright, go to Derek, okay?" Stiles looked at Lydia. "He and Peter, they've been there before so they'll know where it is. Tell them it's the root cellar, alright. They'll know."

****

The door opened and Peter glanced at Lydia and me.

"You." Lydia said.

"Me." Peter replied.

"Rosie." I said with a smile.

"You." Lydia repeated and Peter looked at me.

He sighs. "Me." He turned aorund. "Derek! We have visitors."

As soon as we got in the loft, Derek and Peter sat down to hear us. I told them about our drawings and about the nemeton and I couldn't believe in what they said.

"You don't know where it is?" Lydia asked. "But Stiles said you'd been there."

"We have." Peter mumbled. "But after a few memorable experiences there, Talia, Derek's mother and my older sister, decided that she didn't ever want us going back. She knew how dangerous it was, and took the memory of its location from us."

"But then how are we supposed to find it?" I asked him.

He shook his head. Ah, okay, great.

****

"It has to be on a telluric current, or maybe even at the axis of two, or where they all intersect." Stiles told Deaton. "I just know it's where Derek took Paige to die."

We were at the animal clinic since we got nothing with Derek and Peter and we thought that maybe Deaton could help us.

"My dad and Gerard were there once." Allison spoke up. "But Gerard said it was years ago and he couldn't remember where it was. And my dad obviously isn't here to tell us now."

Stiles nods. "Yeah, mine either."

"Then how do we find this place?" Isaac asked as we looked at Deaton.

"There might be a way.But it's dangerous." He said, looking at us. "We're gonna need Scott."

"Let's go." Stiles mumbled.

***

They were back and we were filling three baths with ice and some kind of plant that Deaton gave to us. I'm not totally aware of the plan but I think it would be like we did to Isaac.

"Alright. What did you bring?" Deaton asked them.

Stiles looked up. "Um, I got my dad's badge. Jennifer kind of crushed it in her hand, so I tried hammering it out a bit. Still doesn't look great." He shook his head and I held his hand.

"It doens't need to look good if it has meaning." Deaton spoke.

"Is that an actual silver bullet?" Isaac asked Allison.

"Yeah, my dad made it as kind of a ceremonial thing" She said. "When one of us finishes learning all the skills to be a hunter, we forge a silver bullet as a testament to the Code."

Deaton nodded. "Scott?"

"My dad got my mom this watch when she first got hired at the hospital." He opened his hand and I saw it. "She used to say it was the only thing in the marriage that ever worked."