damnatio memoriae

damnatio memoriae – chapter eighty seven

stiles

a few years ago

I was holding my bag while I looked at her, wondering if I should go there or no. The strawberry blond girl was next to her and they were laughing. I bit the inside of my cheek and I saw Scott waving his hands in front of my face.

"I have to go. I'll see you later, Stiles!" He said before running into his mom's car.

I groaned to myself, now, I was alone. And so was her, since Lydia walked away. I sighed and I started moving my feet towards her.

"Hi."

She looked up, her brown eyes meeting mine and she smiled softly.

"Hi."

"I'm Stiles." I smiled.

"I know. I'm Rosie." She said and I gulped.

" She said and I gulped

"Yeah, hi." I said and she giggled.

"You already said that."

"I know. Sorry. Uh, that's a really beautiful drawing." I said, pointing to the notebook on her lap.

"Thank you. It's for a school project." She said. "You're friends with Scott, right?"

"He's my best friend, yeah." I nodded. "Do you know him?"

"Yeah. He's cool." She nodded. "Every time I see him, he talks a lot about you."

"He does?"

"Yep. He said something about your name the other day." She giggled. "I asked him if your name was really Stiles and he said it's not but he couldn't really pronounce it."

"Yeah, I can't really pronounce it either."

She laughed, and I swear, that was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard in my entire life.

"Will you tell me one day?" She asked.

I smiled. "I promise."

I blinked a few times and I saw Scott walking towards me with a bag after talking to Liam. I was fixing the Jeep since we talked to Kira's dad and he told us that her mother took her to some place in New Mexico and we're going to get her.

"So, what did he want?" I asked.

"To help."

"You gonna let him?" I asked, grabbing more tools.

"Eventually, I guess."

"Okay, but shouldn't he be a little higher on your priority list right now?" I asked, trying to forget the things I was remembering. "I mean, since he's the only other actual werewolf, your only actual Beta."