reishi mushrooms

reishi mushrooms – chapter sixty six 

stiles

I walked back to the school, leaving the basement so quickly that I almost ran out of breath. I let out a sigh when I saw Ms. Martin so I quickly ran towards her.

"Stiles, you're not looking so good, maybe you ought to lie down." She said, looking at me.

"It's okay, have you seen Mr. Yukimura?"

"Yeah, he's fine, he's helping the other students." Ms. Martin replied.

"Okay." I said, ready to go when I saw Coach laying down in one of the beds. He wasn't looking very good. "Is Coach the only adult who got sick today?" I asked Ms. Martin.

"As far as I know."

"Why is he the only one?" I whispered.

"Stiles?" Ms. Martin moved her hand to my shoulder. "I think you should lie down."

"Yeah, no, it's okay. I'll be right back, I'll be right back." I quickly said, walking away from her.

*****

I was on Coach's office, looking around and trying to find anything that could help me figure out what's happening. I sat down on his desk and saw some papers; I widened my eyes as I also saw his mug, I grabbed it and I noticed a mark on it. The same mark that the weird teacher made us put on our tests.

"I was wondering how that idiot got sick."

I quickly got up, turning around to see the teacher looking at me with a smirk and a gun on his hands.

"I'm also wondering where your friends and your girlfriend are. Since in order to get paid bu The benefactor, I need to have proof they're dead." He said.

"Visual confirmation." I whispered.

He rose up his hands, pointing the gun at me. "Exactly."

I groaned as he shoved me outside the office with the gun on my forehead and made me wakl.

"You still look feverish, Mr. Stilinski. But you should know something. The virus doesn't kill humans, you'll get better. So don't you think you should tell me where they are?" He asked me and I stopped walking. "Shouldn't one of you get to live?"

"I think I saw them in the library. Or it might've been the cafeteria. It was definitely one of those two though." I mumbled.

"I'm going to count to three, and then I'm going to kill you."

I turned around to look at him. "Think you can scare me?"

"No, I think I can kill you. I just thought the countdown would make it more exciting. So..." He pulled the gun on my head. "One..."

I took a deep breath. My whole body started shaking but I couldn't tell him.

"Two..."

I closed my eyes forcefully, trying not to try as my body continued shaking. My heart stopped at the same moment I heard a gunshot. But I didn't felt anything.