eichen house

eichen house - chapter forty nine  

rosie

I jumped out Scott's bike as he stopped in front of Eichen House, Stiles was outside the building with his father. I quickly ran, wrapping my arms around my boyfriend and hugging him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, my voice muffled by his hoodie.

"Because we wanted to avoid something like this." Sheriff mumbled.

"It's only 72 hours." Stiles said as I pulled away.

"This is the same place where Barrow came from." Scott said. "The guy who had a tumor inside him filled with flies. You don't know everything yet."

"I know enough." Sheriff said. "Nogitsunes, kitsunes, oni, or whatever they're called."

Stiles nods. "Wow, that was actually all surprisingly correct."

"Scott, I saw an MRI that looked exactly like my wife's." Sheriff said. "And it terrifies me. I'm headed down to L.A. tomorrow to talk to a specialist."

"Then why are you putting him in here?" I asked.

"He's not." Stiles said, looking at me. "It was my decision."

"Stiles, I can't help you if you're in here." Scott mumbled.

"And I can't hurt you." Stiles said.

"Deaton's got some ideas. Argent's calling people." Scott said.

"We're gonna find something. And if we can't..." Stiles cuts me.

"If you can't..." He approached Scott but I was still able to hear it. "if you can't, then you have to do something for me, okay? Make sure I never get out."

I looked at him, shaking my head as I started to cry.

"You can't do this." I whispered, looking at him.

"Babe, you're going to be okay." Stiles said, pulling me into a hug. "Just, stay with Scott, he's going to protect you."

"Come on." Sheriff mumbled.

"I don't want Scott to protect me. I just... I just want you." I cried. "Stiles, I can't lose you too. I can't. I love you."

He let out a sigh, kissing my forehead and pulling away. 

"I love you, Rosie."

The gate opened and Sheriff walked in with him. I wiped my tears and looked at Scott.

"I need your help." I said.

"Rosie, I can't take him out of--"

"No." I shook my head. "I'm not going to ask you to take him out. I'm going to ask you to put me in."

****

As more crazy as it sounds. We did. I had to lie to my dad and say that I needed to spend some time with my mother in Miami. The place was terrible and it made me sick just to be here. But there's was not a freaking way that I would let Stiles stay here all by himself. It wasn't easy to but we did it, and with Melissa's help they let me in.

I was walking through the place when I bumped into someone.

"Sorry." I looked up and I saw Stiles. "Rosalie? What the hell are you doing here?"

"Shh." I whispered as I noticed a guy next to him. "I would never leave you alone here."

"Are you crazy?" Stiles scoffed.