hallucinations

hallucinations – chapter eighty

rosie

"Chimeras." Sheriff Stilinski mumbled, looking at the pictures on his board.

"Two dead Chimeras." I said.

"And eight new ones." Malia said.

"So that's 10 in all." Stiles said, crossing his arms.

"I'm thinking maybe 11." Sheriff Stilinski said, placing another picture at the board.

Stiles looked down when his father placed Donovan's picture on the board, I slowly reached his hand, intertwining our fingers.

"Our station tech guy confirmed something for me. They said both the holding cell lock and the cameras could have malfunctioned because of something electromagnetic." Sheriff said, looking at us.

He's talking about the night where Tracy attacked us at the station, Donovan was locked up but he disappeared that night, it was before what happened.

"You said that, uh, these guys..."

"Dread Doctors." Malia said.

"Are we really calling them that?" Sheriff shrugged.

"So they broke Donovan out?" Malia asked him.

"It's how they got into Eichen, isn't it?" Sheriff asked us.

Malia nodded. "Donovan's a Chimera."

Stiles were still looking down at his feet so I squeezed his hand, rubbing my thumb across his fingers.

"Yeah. But is he a failure like Lucas and Tracy?" Sheriff asked.

Stiles turned around, it was too much for him, I moved towards him and pulled my hand on his back.

"If he is, he's probably dead." Malia said.

"You okay?" I whispered.

"Not until I've seen a body

"Not until I've seen a body." Sheriff told her.

"Yeah, Yeah. I'm fine." Stiles whispered back at me.

"You're uncharacteristically quiet." Sheriff said and Stiles turned around to look at him.

"Sorry, I'm, uh... I'm just trying to think about it. Uh... These are all teenagers, right? So, now, I mean, shouldn't we be trying to figure out why these teenagers?" Stiles mumbled. "If the Dread Doctors, if they went through all that, burying them, killing them, breaking one of them out of jail..."

"They couldn't have been chosen at random." I said, agreeing with him. "They had to have something in common."

"Something that made them right for this experiment." Sheriff nodded.