monsters

monsters– chapter seventy

rosie

Malia got us a taxi and left me at the station, then, I asked her to go back to the hospital and make sure that Stiles gets home, which she agreed. When I got in the station, Lydia was walking into the Sheriff's office. And he let me go with her, since they got nothing with Meredith.

"I think I'm getting an idea of how all this happened. You used Brunski, right? You knew he'd killed people, and that he would do it again." Lydia murmured, walking around the office. "He used my grandmother's code for the dead pool. He put it online. He took the money from the Hale vault, then turned the bearer bonds into cash. He made the payments." Lydia said, sitting next to Meredith. "Was it Brunski's idea to fake your death? Did he get nervous because you helped us with one of the cipher keys?"

"I wanted to help." Meredith replied.

"All you ever wanted to do was help." I said and Meredith nods, smiling at me. "Is that why you're here? I know you wouldn't want to be here if you didn't want to talk."

Meredith nods. "I do. But only to one person."

"Who?"

"Peter." She looked at us. "Peter Hale."

***********

"Before we do this, I need to give you something." Sheriff Stilinski said, giving me a small box. "We found this at Brunski's office, there's your name on it."

I smiled. "Thank you, Sheriff."

We walked to the room, standing behind the windows while Meredith was waiting for Peter to talk to her.

"Her?" He asked, looking at Lydia and I. "That's the girl that stole my money?"

"That girl is a Banshee." Lydia corrected him. "They're more dangerous thank you think."

"Oh, I think that girl's pilot light went out a long time ago. Sheriff, not to question the unquestionably sterling reputation of your department, but are you absolutely sure you got the one?" Peter asked.

"How about you just go in there and see what she has to say?' Sheriff scoffed.

We watched as Peter walked to the room, sitting in front of Meredith while Parrish waited, leaning against the wall in case Peter tried to do something to her.

"Okay.... Meredith, where's my money? Or more correctly, what's left of it." Peter asked.

Meredith rose up her hand, moving it slowly to peter's face and sliding her fingers on his cheek, but Peter quickly grabbed her hand forcefully, taking it out of his face and Parrish grabbed his gun.

"Let her go."

Peter slowly let go of her arm. "Why did you do that?" He asked her.

"They're all gone." Meredith said and Peter looked at her.

"Oh, my God. They have met before." Lydia whispered.

"The burns. They're all gone." Meredith said, looking at Peter's face.

"Meredith, you put everyone, including my nephew and my daughter on a death list. Don't you think you owe us the slightest explanation of why?" Peter hissed.

"You said it had to be kept secret." Meredith replied.

"I said? I said that to you?" Peter chuckled.

Meredith nods. "You said it."

"Meredith. Allow me to remind you yet again, we have never met... ever."