two problems

two problems - chapter thirty six

rosie

I watched as Derek tried to run into Ms. Blake's direction but Scott grabbed his arm.

"Derek, wait!" Scott yelled, holding him.

"She was trying to get out." Derek said, pointing at Ms. Blake.

"I was trying to keep from getting killed. You can't blame me for that." Ms. Blake said.

"If you want to show you're one of the good guys, then heal her." I said, pointing at Cora.

She shook her head. "Not until I'm safe."

"I'd like to volunteer a different method of persuasion." Peter spoke up. "Let's torture her."

"Works for me." Derek said but Scott held him again.

We all looked around as we heard Melissa's voice.

"Um, can I have your attention? Mr. Deucalion.... Excuse me, just Deucalion, requests you bring the woman calling herself Jennifer Blake to the E.R. reception. Do this, and everyone else can leave. You have 10 minutes."

Scott looked at Ms. Blake as she shook her head again. "He's not gonna hurt her." She said.

"Shut up." Derek and I shouted.

"He won't!" She said and looked at my best friend. "Scott, you know why. Tell them it's true."

We looked at Scott. "What does she mean?"

Jennifer sighs when Scott doens't say anything. "You're not the only one he wants in his pack. Deucalion doesn't just want an alpha pack. He wants perfection. That means adding the rarest of alphas to his ranks."

"A true alpha." Peter said.

"What's that?" Stiles asked, holding my hand.

"The kind that doesn't have to steal his power from another." Peter explained. "One that can rise by the force of his own will. Our little Scott."

Scott looked at him. "It doesn't matter." He turned to look at Ms. Blake. "We still need to get her out of here."

"Scott, your mom--"

"My mom said there's one more ambulance coming in 20 minutes. And I don't think we've been here that long, so if we can get down to the garage, get to the last ambulance, we can get out of here."

"The twins aren't gonna let us just walk out." I mumbled.

"I'll distract them." Scott said.

"You mean fight them." Derek looked at Scott.

"Whatever I have to do." Scott mumbled.

"I'll help you."

"Uh, sorry, but I'm not going anywhere without you, Derek." Ms. Blake said.

"I'll do it." Peter suggested. "But I'd prefer to be out there with an advantage."

"An advantage like what?" Stiles asked. "You mean like a weapon?"

Peter moved his head. "Something better than a baseball bat."

We nodded and started looking for something around the room.

"Hey, wait.What about these?" I looked up to see Stiles holding two defibrillators.

"Do you know how to use those?" Derek asked.

My boyfriend looked down. "Well, no."

"Then put 'em down."

Stiles nodded as I grabbed a big needle. "Epinephrine?" I suggested.