current

current - chapter thirty one

rosie

Ms. Blake placed her book on the table, smiling at us. "Good morning. As you all know, Mr. Harris is still missing. I-I mean, sick. Anyway, I'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place. Okay. So let's get started, shall we?"

I groaned, noticing that Scott and Stiles were whispering, then Scott's phone started ringing and he quickly answered while Ms. Blake wasn't looking. I furrowed my eyebrows as Scott looked at me, he moved his lips slowly and I widened my eyes.

Deaton.

***

I was frustated that Stiles and Scott didn't let me go with them to the animal clinic. So now, Cora is dragging me to one of the classrooms.

"Would you stop? You're hurting me!" I groaned.

"Shut up and walk."

"Let go." I tried to push my arm.

"Let go!" I turned around. "I sad, let go." Stiles said.

A few minutes later, I was sitting next to Cora. Stiles placed something in front of us.

"A Ouija board?" I groaned.

"Also called a spirit board. And it's worth a shot." Stiles said.

"A shot in the dark." I mumbled. "Why don't you ask Lydia to do it? She has more experience than me anyways!"

"Would you just try it, please, okay?" Stiles looked at us. "Let's not forget who this is for. Scott's boss, the guy who has saved our collective asses on more than one occasion."

He placed the board on the table and I quickly noticed it was wrong, so I fixed it.

"Okay, so do we all do this?" Cora asked.

"Yeah. Yeah."

We placed our hands on it and I took a deep breath.

"You guys ready?' Stiles asked and I nod.

"Yeah."

"Yes."

"Where's Dr. Deaton?" Stiles asked.

We waited in silence, I rolled my eyes and Cora and Stiles looked at me.

"What?"

"Aren't you gonna answer it?"

"Oh, I don't know the answer. I thought we were asking some sort of spirit."

"Well, do you know any spirits?" Cora asked me.

I glanced at Stiles. "Is she for real?"

My boyfriend groaned, grabbing something. "Okay, these are Deaton's keys for the clinic. Close your eyes, and I'm gonna put 'em in your hands, and then we're just gonna try and see if you can feel out for his location. It's called pshychometry."

"I'm not a psychic."

"Yeah, Lydia said the same thing." Stiles groaned. "You're something! Okay? Just... Rosalie, put out your hand and..."

I raised my hand, closing my eyes and Stiles slowly placed the keys on my hands, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Ooh."

"What?" Stiles asked.

"They're cold."

Stiles glanced at me like he was almost going to punch me.