strife

strife - chapter fifty one

rosie

I was with Allison, Mr. Argent, Derek and Sheriff Stilinski.

Stiles is crying and somewhere inside of me I am crying, too, because I'm feeling things at last. I'm feeling not just the physical pain, but all that I have lost, and it is profound and catastrophic and will leave a crater in me that nothing will ever fill.

He was seen at school. The nogitsune. He went after Kira's father. Scott's with them right now at the school because Kira's mom is going to tell them the story of the nogitsune. I had already gave the sword and the picture to Scott when I left Eichen House with Malia. And I really didn't wanted to hear about the nogitsune, so I thought I'd be more helpful with Allison.

"This is everything non-lethal I could find." Allison said, pointing at the weapons on the table.

"Take all of it." Mr. Argent said and I began helping her to put the weapons on the bag.

"What's the plan here?" Sheriff asked.

"Our best shot right now if for Derek to try pick up Stiles' scent at Eichen House." Argent said. "Escpecially if he went through something stressful there." He glanced at me and I looked away. 

"Should all five of us be going to the same place?" Sheriff asked.

"Where else has Stiles been showing up?" Argent asked.

"School, the hospital." Allison mumbled.

"Okay, hold on." Derek said. "We did this already. He disappeared. We started looking for him. Then walked right into a trap at the hospital."

"He's getting us to repeat the same moves." Argent murmured.

"So, what do we do? Wait for him to come to us?" Allison asked.

"We can't. Not if the Oni find him when the sun goes down." Derek mumbled.

"Scott's working on them right now, with Kira." I spoke up.

"That's the problem." Argent said. "We're all trying to outfox the fox."

"Listen." Sheriff sighs. "I'll understand if anyone wants to back out."

"I'm not giving up." I mumbled.

"It wouldn't be the first wolf to run from a fox." Derek said and I smiled at him.

"Apparently I'm carrying the lightsaber." Argent mumbled. 

"Dad, you and Derek hit Eichen House." Allison said. "Sheriff, it's you, Rosie and me in the hospital. We all meet in the school."

We nodded and they began leaving the room. I was the going to leave but Derek held my arm.

"Be careful." He said.

"I will." I nodded.

*****

The elevator's door closed and I took a deep breath.

"You know what, I don't know how you guys do it." Sheriff mumbled, shaking his head. "You're all so strong." He looked at Allison and me. "You're fearless. Hell, you even manage to keep your grades up."

"I'm failing math." I said.

"I am failing econ." Allison mumbled.

"Is that coach's class?" Sheriff asked and I nodded. "Well, I'll have to talk with those teachers."

I smiled and I looked at Allison, noticing that she was breathing heavily. Sheriff stopped the elevator and she started crying.

 Sheriff stopped the elevator and she started crying