Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"What are you doing?"

Shawn strides, each step he takes towards me is making a loud thud on the ground and I wonder how heavy the guy is. Shawn and I are never on good terms, except if Dylan is around, and Dylan is not around. He's talking with his Damen, his lips rapidly moving as he talks, as if he's almost arguing with the man. Dylan is Damen's nephew, and I wonder why they aren't look alike. Even the brothers, Daryl - Dylan's father, and Damen. All of them share the blood of Taurus.

Looking over at Shawn with his usual smirk, I roll my eyes at him. Probably, he goes out here for me, so he can make fun of me. That's Shawn's nature. Arrogant. Sometimes dumb. Strong. "What?" I ask him, resting my chin on my palm as I watch Dylan's father butting into the conversation. Shawn follows my gaze, and a scowl appears on his face. I smirk. Jealousy courses through his body as he glares at me. "Sheez, cut that out. I'm not going to steal your boyfriend. I'm not like you." I know there's a bitterness in my tone, but I think back of the event that occurred when Dylan found out that Shawn had a boyfriend, who was waiting for him to come and be with him forever.

A dangerous expression crosses his face, but then it disappears as fast as it appeared. Shawn sighs, seeming tired of the bitterness we're sharing when we're together. I'm tired, too, but that doesn't mean that I should stop. "Look, I know you're mad because, well, he chose me over you."

"So straightforward, asshole." I grumble, clenching my hands. I know that Dylan chose him over me a very long time ago, but Shawn doesn't need to shove it in my face just to get his point made. Shawn rolls his eyes stubbornly. I'm trying my best not to use my power on him, to not be irrational, but this guy in front of me is making everything hard for me. "You don't need to insult me, Shawn. I already know that Dylan chose you over me, so no need to be jealous of me or whatever. You're stupid."

"I'm not being jealous of you," he says with no emotion, keeping his blank face. "Neither am I scared of losing him. The reason why I went here to talk to you is because I want to be friends. Dylan is your friend, and it's hurting Dylan that we don't get along. Look, I'm just trying to make him more happy, okay? If we cannot be friends, then let's just try not to annoy each other and be an acquaintance instead."

Snorting, I roll my eyes. "Okay. Acquaintance. But annoying you has become kind of my hobby, so no promises made here, Shawn." I chuckle. He offers a hand at me and I shake it gladly. One step, and it's already a big move. I think. As soon as Shawn and I are done talking, he immediately stands up and goes back to his lover's side, who is still talking with the two men.

Just seeing them happy together, it makes my heart swell with sadness. Sadness washes over me, just like a river flowing rapidly and ending up falling into the waterfall. Sighing, I stand up from my seat and head over in front. Now is not the time to sulk when we have a mission to do.

Stuck in a place where nothing but beautiful flowers growing, I find myself in the calm and peaceful world. I look around, and each view is breathtaking. This is the Land of Second Chances, I whisper to myself. A second chance where one shall prove his or her worth. The air tickles my skin, and I find everything relaxing. Is this a dream? Is this place even real? The last time that I felt this feeling was when I was back in the Taurus city, back home. Happy Day. I remember the Happy Day, where everyone's cheering and being happy. I wish that moment now. I wish it happens right now.

I'm alone in this world, yet I feel contented. It feels like I fully belong here, and that I would be happy here. There are people, with a smile plastered on their face. They're proving their worth, to have another chance to live in another world; to have another chance to be with their loved ones. People keep sharing gratitude with each other, and they do not care if one has little and one has bigger shares. All they know is that they're sharing. I smile to myself as I feel a calmness invades my heart, covering it with its powerful aura and I shut my eyes. This place seems surreal. Is this what it would look like when everything's all done? Is this world for us?

Making my way across the blooming garden where every flower can be seen, the newly watered garden's scent invades my nostrils, making me light-headed. But when I open my eyes, everything starts to crumble. People scream, clambering their way out of the being destroyed world. Shocked fills me, and my eyes are trained on the calm sky turning into bloody, slowly and painfully. The changing of the world terrifies me, and I feel a heavy burden in my heart. This isn't meant to happen. I run towards the people, telling them to get out of here as fast as possible. They are terrified as well, and they can't seem to move. The whole place is being destroyed. The once calm and blue sky has been replaced with bloody, and the trees are going dead, its leaves are falling rapidly on the ground.

The flowers that were once beautiful, now withered on the ground. The grassy field is becoming drought and I take a step back. This seems real. This is real. I whisper to myself as I take a step back. I command the people to get out of here, but the power in my voice isn't working. In fact, I feel powerless as I watch everything crumble.

Two men are standing. One is taller and the other man is shorter. The shorter man is terrified at what he's seeing, and I can clearly see everything in his point of view. The man has a short, blonde hair. His jaw is chiseled and strong, and he has a good built even though he's short. He has a necklace around his neck, dangling beautifully despite the happenings. It glows pink, and I recognize the necklace. That is a Guardian's necklace. It belongs to Taurus. I've read that in books, and everyone says that a Guardian necklace is only a tale. Nobody knows where it is, or if it's just a make-up story. There's no such thing as Guardian, my mother had told me once. But I believe in tales.

The taller man grabs the man on his neck, and the Guardian necklace unclasps around the man's neck. The searing pain, I can feel it. The shorter man's pain courses through me and it feels like an air has been knocked off me. I fall on my back, curling into a fetal position as the pain consumes me. Tears begin to well up in my eyes, but I fight against it. The last thing I want to happen is making everyone sees me in my vulnerable state. That just can't happen.

The taller man, with his black hair and cold eyes, stares menacingly at the shorter man and the shorter man screams. The world has become dark. Everything has changed. The taller man laughs like a maniac on the loose, and the fear runs up and down my spine. I gasp as the man pulls out a knife and shoves it the shorter man's stomach.

The shorter man's whispers: "Taurus conquers all. Save us, Taurean."

I wake up with a scream. The dream felt real, and it seems like it really happened, and I was there. I saw everything. The shorter man's words are stuck in my head, flashing in neon lights as I stand up, chest heaving up and down rapidly. I run a hand across my face, frustrated at my dream. Who were they? The Guardian. That man is a Guardian. Though a Guardian is just a tale from the books back in my town, I believe in that.

Albert is looking at me with blank eyes, and I bet that he has heard me scream while I was sleeping. I take a deep breath and shudder as I walk in his direction. The last thing I want to happen is to have an awful dream again, so I plan on staying awake. People are already sleeping, using their bags as their pillows.

When I take a seat beside Albert, everything has become silent. It's neither good or bad, but it's comfortable, and I don't think if it's good or bad. I just stare at the scenery in front of me. I wonder if the world I've seen back in the dream that I've had would come true.

The Land of Second Chances. Is this the Land of Second Chances?