Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Fingers wrap around my wrist and I turn to look at someone who interrupted me from looking at the man in my nightmares. The fingers belong to my boyfriend. He's looking at me worriedly, his hair is a mess, a sword in his hand, and he's gripping it tightly.

"I'm okay," I say to him, leaning down and placing a kiss on his forehead. "Enemies keep pouring out like a typhoon, and we need to see where they're coming from. We need to know their lair." They must have a lair and it must be broken. Albert immediately understands what I'm trying to say as he nods his head.

My boyfriend quickly walks up to the Great Alpha, who's currently scanning the area, and he stops right in front of him. The Great Alpha looks at him, and his eyes are glowing yellow, indicating his wolf is in charge. Albert talks to him for a while, and then the Great Alpha frowns. Honestly, the Great Alpha looks like he could tear my boyfriend out in less than a minute. It looks like Albert is trying to convince the Great Alpha, and when he succumbs by the words of my boyfriend, he nods his head and runs towards the nearest enemy that he could tear out. My boyfriend turns around, nodding at me and together we begin to inspect the direction where the enemies keep pouring out.

They all use just one path to come into this battle. My boyfriend and I share a look and walk away from the battlefield. From afar, we begin to follow their path and begin to run. They are lined up in two, and they're lunging, running, snarling as they run towards the direction of the battlefield. We keep our distance, leaning down and trying to cover ourselves to avoid them from seeing us.

If they see us, we're going to be so doomed. Albert tries to speak, but I put my index finger over my lips, preventing him from speaking. He nods, but you can clearly see how annoyed he is. I resist the urge to roll my eyes. Now is not the right time to fight over things here. I make a motion gesture for him to follow me quickly, and he nods.

Albert links his hand in mine and his breathing is erratic. I can feel how scared he is. On the outside, it seems like Albert is stronger, and he likes to be seen as a stronger man, but in reality, he's just scared as I am. I give his hand a light squeeze, a way of assuring him that nothing bad will happen to us. If I could just tell him to stay on Earth, I would definitely do so without any hesitations but my boyfriend is a hard-headed Scorpie. He really doesn't like being told what to do in his life.

"Just never let go," I mouth at him, and he nods at me frantically. He takes a deep breath and grips my hand hard that makes me flinch just a bit. We begin to run lightly, not wanting to make any loud sound that may distract them.

We begin to rust as fast as we can, not stopping until we reach the end. We stop, eyes widening as we see what lies in front of us. I recognize the structures of the walls, the buildings, and the houses even though they are a ruins now. The place is messy; it looks like it has been bombed a lot of times. Chunks of walls are scattered everywhere.

What lies in front of us is the ruins of the Taurus city.

The ponds, where the doves used to swim around, are full of dust and the waters are very dark. My boyfriend's hand grips mine tighter and when I look at him, he has a worried look on his face.

I smile at him, letting him know that I'm not really hurt at what I'm seeing. This may be the place where most of my happy memories happened, but this place isn't even my home in the first place. This was an illusion cast upon our heads just to make it look like our home when it wasn't in the first place. Looking at my boyfriend, I know how much happiness he can bring into my life. This is reality. I'm falling in love with him, and a spell of love has never been casted on me. It's the natural flow of what I'm feeling. Pecking him on his lips, he blushes but at the same time he frowns, rolling his eyes at me.

"I just want to let you know that I'm falling in love with you," I say to him sincerely, looking at him right through in his eyes to make him see how vulnerable I am, how much I want him to see through me. My words may be worth of nothing to him, but with my eyes, I can convince how honest I am. "I know that you're the one for me, and that's something. To be honest, I never felt this way with Dylan. Yes, I did love him but I never felt this strong connection with him. With you, everything just clicks, it just makes sentence though I can't really explain it."

"Just shut up," he says. The best respond ever. He cups my face and kisses me on the lips, much longer than intended, and he looks at me with angry eyes. "Just shut the fuck up. We're not going to continue this conversation in this place because I swear you should have decided to say those words at me in a romantic place. Place with candles and bright lights everywhere. Not here in this fucking place."

Chuckling, sighing in relief, I give him a kiss on the forehead, and we walk nearer the ruins, inspecting the area. The air is full of smoke, and I have to use a bit of my power to clear the air out, which I hope they don't notice. Once the smoke is gone, I peek my head and look.

At the far end of the city, there's a black pentagon, and it's glowing. There, enemies slip out right through it and march in one path, then they start to run once they step on the drought. The ruined building at the end of the city was actually a temple. Though we don't really know, or really no one knows what's the temple for. All we know is, the temple was a sacred place.

"Let's get at the back," I mouth at my boyfriend, who nods in response, and we both turn on our heels, starting to walk away from the front entrance. Since the Taurus city is already ruined, when I inspected the place, I caught holes on the walls, which are wide enough to let us into the city.

It takes us a complete five minutes to reach the back of the city, and there's a hole, not really a huge one, but it's enough to let us into the city. We just have to crawl our way in. So that's what we do. We crawl our way in. Since the hole is really narrow, we receive a few gushes on the skin but that's it, nothing serious. I slip my hands underneath my boyfriend's armpit like a child wanting an attention, but he just frowns at me but accepts my offer. As soon as he's standing straight, he brushes the dust off and stares.

We're not really far from the portal, and we can arrive there in less than three minutes. Both Albert and I start to run. From what I've noticed when I looked at the pentagon, there are dark orbs circling around the pentagon, and it sends zap of bolts to the portal. I'm guessing that it could be the energies that keep the portal open. If it is, then we have to destroy those to close the portal.

As we take a right turn and start running faster than ever, a dark beam of light zaps the ground, creating a line, making us stop from running. I turn to glare at the culprit, and I see the man in my nightmares, the one who killed the Guardian of the Zodiac.

"For the greater good, you must not fight me," the man states, his voice dark and laced with venom. Compared to my dreams, he seems more feral and dangerous. His black hair is slicked back, shinier than what I've seen in my dream. His eyes are colder than ever, and when his eyes meet mine, a cold shiver runs down my spine. "You think you can save the world, but you cannot. You're just prolonging the inevitable."

"We can fight," I say through gritted teeth, staring at him with so much hatred that it overwhelms me.

"You can," the taller man agrees, nodding his head and a sly smirk tugs on his lips. "But you will never one. You cannot overpower me, Guardian, for I am the Demon that slays the Guardians. I am Nenavist, the Slayer of the Guardians."

Putting a fighting stance, I throw him a smug smirk, arching a brow at him. "I am the Guardian of the Zodiac, and I'll be the one to slay you."

"Bring it on; the phrase 'Taurus conquers all' will not work on this."

"Oh it will."