Chapter 14

Chapter 14

It wasn't just his eyes that drove me crazy.

It was him overall. Dylan seemed to be like a beautiful star that was shining in its glory at night, and by day, he was basically glowing like a scorching sun just like what I saw back in home when I looked into the sky before I was sent to take the Journey. Every time I would look at him, my heart would beat faster. His whole being was tempting me to do crazy things to him. Though I did my very best to resist those, there were times that I failed.

The first moment was when he and I were stuck in each other, when we first met. We were being raided by the enemies. Dylan and I ran like bull, a mad man on the loose. Scanning him through the corner of my eyes, I realized how really good-looking he was, even at every angle. That was the time that I knew I already liked Dylan and that I had to do everything to be with him. I saw in his eyes that he was infatuated with the brown eyed man named Shawn August Larsen, but still, I hoped and hoped that he would like me. At some point he did like me, but it was never enough to keep him as mine because he loved Shawn.

Love is very powerful compared to like.

Like is like a cube of ice, and the love is the sun that keeps people warm under it. Of course the ice would melt, and a bit of my hope had melted right away when they had seen each other again. The first time I saw Shawn, and that's when Dylan and him had met again, he was cocky and arrogant and full of himself. But I couldn't deny the fact that Shawn was really scared to lose Dylan. I saw it in his eyes though he tried to mask it away with his rudeness but it passed right through me. Nobody sensed it, but I saw it.

My hopes were going up and down. I knew that they were in love with each other but despite that I still pursued to have Dylan. I knew in the end that I would be the loser in a love triangle. I did love, and I was the loser. Dylan chose Shawn over me, and I had accepted that fact. I knew that I didn't stand a chance with Dylan as he was so head over heels with Shawn and so was Shawn with Dylan. They were a perfect match. They fit together.

I wish I could have the same thing.

I'm hopeless.

We Taureans are passionate lovers. We tend to be so romantic to a person we really love the most. We never give up and we fight for love. But sometimes I have learned that giving up doesn't mean that you're going to lose. Sometimes giving up means more than holding on. And that's what I did, I gave up on Dylan, so he and Shawn could be together and be happy with their life.

I know that I'm not going to be the same anymore. My heart got broken, shattered into pieces, but it's going to be mended. I just have this feeling that one day, someone is going to enter into my life, cause a havoc, raise a hell, shatter my world, capture my heart, to bring happiness into my life, and everything is going to be so worth it. I just hope that person comes into my life as soon as possible because I really need him right now.

After that incident with Albert, we just came back to our normal old selves, trying not to think what happened between us. It's not like we did something, but I thought of something not really good. I'm thinking if he thought of the same thing, because believe it or not, I actually felt something.

It's kind of something between lust and something more.

I can't deny that fact. But it's something that I should ignore. It's probably just me being bothered and hot. It's very natural for Taureans, and we actually need it. There are more several ways to pleasure myself, and going all over with Albert is never an option. Nope.

Later that night, I make sure to visit Dylan in Shawn's room. As expected, Shawn's still on the bed, eyes shut, chest heaving up and down. Nobody really knows when he's going to wake up, and that bothers Dylan. Dylan's head is resting on the bed, his arms are his pillows. The room is really cold and I know I have to get him a blanket so at least he'd feel warm. So I do that. I go back to my room, pick up a blanket, go back to Shawn's room and drape the blanket over Dylan's back, and he snuggles right into it as soon as I've draped it on him. He seems really exhausted at everything and I wonder what could lift his spirits up.

After vising Shawn and Dylan, I head over to a house where my parents stay. When I get outside, the sky is still the same; blood-like and dark clouds still swirl above us, and I wonder when we will see the other world now that Penthra Kaztala has been perished for good. Or at least I think so.

The breeze of the air is cold and I actually see the air that goes out of my mouth. I wrap my arms around myself, warming up as I pass the ruined houses and other structures. There are still some people outside. A few Leo people are throwing fire at each other and I'm tempted to go there but resist the urge to do so. I'm not friends with them, and I doubt Fiero would be glad to have me as a companion. I think after I smacked him one time, he has hated me ever since. Or at least I think so.

When I reach the house where my parents and little sister are staying, I head inside, not bothering to knock. They know me too well and if I ever do such a bizarre thing, then would completely think that I'm not their son anymore. My parents are odd.

Every parent is.

They are in the kitchen. My mother sees me approaching, and she opens up her arms for me, and I gladly hug her and put a kiss on her cheek. Brianna screams when she sees me, acting like a child despite her age. As usual, she runs into me and knocks the breath out of me. I balance myself by grabbing the backrest of a chair, and my mother glares at her and Brianna just sticks out her tongue to my mother. My father is behind my mother, chuckling at what's going on in front of him. This is my family, and I really love them to death.

My father plants a kiss on my mother's cheek and instead of my mother doing kitchen stuff, it's actually my father. Father loves to move in the kitchen more than my mother, and that's what makes this family kind of extraordinary. My mother is a great cook, and that's a fact, but father's cooking is a killer, and I really mean it in a very good way. He's better than my mother. Far better.

When Brianna and I are being vocal about it, my mother would just shut us up by telling us that mothers are far better than fathers, and she would rant about how she let us live and sometimes she's questioning our existence. She's being over dramatic most of the time, but she's really a great mother. There's nothing more I could ask for a mother. She's got everything that I need.

After my father has cooked food for us, we stuff ourselves with it, talking across the table about my journey, meeting someone, how I fought here and there, what it felt like. We have talked about everything that I have experienced when I took the Journey. We used to do this before.

\We just talk and talk and talk until we get tired. I decide that I should stay over at the house than go back to my room and feel lonely there. I realize that Albert would look for me, and he would stop looking once he realizes that he would not be able to find me. It's just how Albert works. I'll just talk to him tomorrow.

Since the house is big enough to have few people live in it, there are three rooms and that's something I'm glad at. I can't share a same room with Brianna as she would make the functionalities of my ears lose by telling me nonsense stories about this and that. I'd love to hear her stories but it's already nighttime and I'm already tired. I just want to get a good sleep to forget everything.

I just want a good sleep to forget how I'm lonely I am.