Chapter 10

Chapter 10

As Penthra Kaztala walks towards the garden, every flower here is withered (I don't know if it's been that way or because of the presence of Albert Fercine). She has a dark smile coiled in her pinkish lips. Her blonde hair is in a bun, making it messy and all. Though she's in her early forties, she could still pass the early twenties look if given a chance. As usual, she's wearing her clothes as white as ever. It's like the first time I've seen her; the power that she has radiates around her, making everyone squirms under her gaze. She has this effect that when you look at her, you'd think that she's very might and that she can just kill you with just a flick of her finger.

"With your aura, I can sense that you're a Scorpio, am I right?" The evil lady asks as she begins to move her legs, walking fashionably as her eyes never leave ours. Albert grows rigid, having a staring contest with the evil lady. As if sensing his distress, the lady smiles darkly as her eyes becomes black, or looks like it. "So much hate you have in there yet you care so much."

"Why are you doing this?" Albert fires, his voice contains some sort of darkness that would make everyone cowers in fear but not Penthra. As usual, she smiles even wider, if possible, at us. His hand on my shoulder becomes tight and I flinch in pain but say nothing. "Have you seen the world outside this?"

She turns around, clasping her hands in front of her as she shakes her head, strands of her blonde hair falling in between her eyes, and she tucks in behind her left ear. "So naive. You think that the world behind this is no different? No. They're in the middle of war as well, or will be. I've never gone there for quite some time now. Thanks for reminding me. I might visit Earth someday after this... matter."

Her voice sounds like she's mocking us, daunting us. She sounds like this is just a game for her, and all the cards are on her. She knows that we're in no shape to fight her. Penthra is too powerful. I can feel that. The only one who can fight her is Dylan, and then we're just a back-up men. If I could just contact Dylan, to tell him that we're here, face to face with the evil leader of Zodiac City, he would be here in a heartbeat.

"Young man, Earth is no different. People there are going haywire. Morons." She continues as another strands of her blonde hair fall in between her eyes and this time, she sighs as if annoyed of her long blonde hair. She tucks it again behind her left ear, looking at us with daunting eyes, daring us to do something dumb that would actually get us killed. Without any thoughts, as swift as I've ever seen him, Albert runs towards the enemy's direction, raising his hands and skeletal warriors wake up, rising from the ground and running towards Penthra Kaztala's direction. I shout, telling him to stop but it's too late, she attacks Albert. At first, Albert's able to roll over to avoid her attack, and he manages to tear the clothes on her shoulder blades, but Penthra does more damage than what Albert inflicted to her. No, with just one slap, Albert flies, landing on the bricked wall and onto the ground. "Foolish kid. You do know that you can't just attack me, right? I thought you learned that when you were here, when those head zodiacs were teaching you combat, or enhancing power, right? Did they? Here I am, thinking that my people were being provided a good education; it turns out I'm wrong. How stupid of me."

Lying down, rolling over, I see Albert struggling to stand up, glaring straight at the evil lady. The pain in my back is still there, but I have to stand up and go to Albert. He needs my help. As soon as I'm standing up, I walk painfully towards Albert's direction, and he eyes me, his eyes widening. When I reach him, I slump back on the wall together with him. Penthra watches us, her eyes glinting with amusement before she shakes her head. 

My hands trail behind my back, and I let the pink particles to roam around the place. With my power roaming around the place, Dylan and everyone would be able to tell that I'm here. I just need more time. Looking over at Albert, I tell him through mind that I need more time. He seems shocked to hear my voice in his head but I just give him a smile that says everything will be okay. He nods, trying to catch on my plan.

With that, Albert stands up again and raises his hands, making another rounds of skeletal warriors that would attack Penthra but this time they are too many. As the skeletal warriors rise from the ground, the evil lady begins to attack, one by one, she's slashing them with a sword that's almost like Shawn's. And then it clicks: Penthra Kaztala is an Aries woman. Now that I'm aware of it, her aura is just like Shawn's; arrogant, powerful, hard-headed, and likes to be in control.

As soon as Albert is done raising her minions, he begins to throw blue fire towards Penthra's direction and the evil lady manages to avoid that elegantly. She manages to throw Albert a dangerous smirk when she begins throwing knives towards our direction and that's when I decide to interfere. I lift my hands up, controlling the knives and throwing it back to her, which she avoids hastily. I begin throwing objects at her direction and Albert keeps firing at her with blue fires.

Penthra is too powerful. She's just slicing through the objects that I throw at her, and manages to block the blue fires that Albert throws at her direction and at the same time, the bones are scattered around the ground. There are five more left, so Albert decides to make more. I can see how this is exhausting him. Clearly he hasn't used his power this much. Trying to access her mind, I catch a glimpse of her in her early years when the structure of her brain changes. I get out as soon as possible, yelling at how painful it is to access her head.

"You think I don't know how Taurus plays?" The evil lady says as she throws another set of knives towards our direction. Albert pushes me and I fall on the ground, groaning. "Well if you're thinking I don't, you're so wrong. I know how each sign plays. I didn't become a leader of the Zodiac City just because I wanted to. I had to learn your and their natures. It's quite exhausting, but I managed. When the Evil Queen wakes up, she'll castrate you towards the oblivion." She laughs maniacally, her eyes rolling at the back of her head. She stops. "Everything is going accordingly to the plan."

"You think that if the Evil Queen wakes up, she'd spare you? No, she's going to kill us all." I say to her through gritted teeth. It's funny to think that she's too shallow to not know that. Penthra laughs again, slashing her big sword towards the minion that dares to attack her. "You think that you'd be alive after all this, no, you're not. You're not going to succeed."

"And how's that?" She asks us mockingly, her eyes glinting again with amusement. I'm not the one for gore, but I would love to stick her big sword into the socket of her eyes and watch her bleed to death. "You cannot defeat me. No one can defeat me."

Albert laughs as if Penthra told him a lame joke. "You sure about that?" Albert asks her, shaking his head. He cranes his neck to the left and right, staring intently at Penthra. "Tell me, Penthra. What's the reason why there's a Chosen One? What's the reason why each sign had to send one young man or woman to be here? Is it because you'd have a way to tell who the prophecy is talking about so you can kill him or her?" Bull eyes. Penthra throws daggers to every minions, and they fall on the ground. Penthra's face contorts into seriousness as she narrows her eyes at Albert. "Well you didn't succeed. The prophecy, it's happening. You'd be defeated by him."

"Tell me, who is he?" She asks in a mild and calm tone, trying to sense if Albert is joking or not, trying to see if Albert is just messing with her head or not. But he's not. "Tell me who he is, so I can kill him in front of your eyes. Tell me so you can watch how he dies in my hands and how he'd beg for his life."

I smile, mocking her. "Yeah, he's already here."

That's when Dylan and his boyfriend Shawn appear.