Chapter 30

Chapter 30

We eat, clean the house, frequently make-out here and there around, continue to clean the house, complain about having a lot of work to do, make-out again, then eat. That's our routine for today, and it isn't even a night yet. The sun is still soaring high across the sky, burning brightly. Albert keeps stealing kisses on me from my cheeks, neck, arms, exposed collarbones, and lips. He moves like a shadow, very silent, as if he's walking on the air, without producing any sound at all.

I admit, I'm always being surprised when he does that. I think it's really cool. As I use my power to bring life in the gloomy garden, I feel his presence behind me. He might move like a shadow, but it's still a sunny day and I can see his shadow in front of me. Rolling my eyes, I duck as he tries to put his arms around my neck, and my boyfriend yelps.

As he falls down, I catch his wrist and push him into me, bending down a bit, and now, we look like in one of those covers I see in books I have. Albert's cheeks flush, and he tries to stand up, but I prevent him by leaning down, hovering my lips against his and his eyes flutter shut.

"We've got to work, babe." I whisper seductively, winking at him, and he groans, pushing me hard enough that I accidentally let him go, and he falls on the ground. He lands on his butt, yelping out in pain and his eyes in a squint. He gives me the bird and a laugh escapes my lips. "You are so cute, baby."

"Fuck you," he says, rolling his eyes as he stands up, dusting himself off.

Grinning, I trail the tip of my index finger across his collarbone up to his neck, teasing his jaw up to his right ear that makes him shiver. "It isn't night yet, but we could totally do that."

Hitting me hard on my chest, I flinch, feigning hurt as I look at him with puppy dog eyes. "You're such a pervert man," Albert watches me use my power and his mouth gapes, staring at the growing plants in awe. I rarely do these stuff, but for him, since I know that he'd love when there are flowers around, I'd do this every single day. "Wow, you're so good at this."

"I wish your family could see this," I say, smiling at him. I never mean to bring his past to hurt him or to make him see his past in vivid manner again; it's never my intention. But as he looks at me, his lips are painted with a happy smile, his eyes crinkling as he bobs his head up and down, agreeing with me.

"Yes, they would surely love this as much as I do."

In between the thirteenth and first section is the portal that leads to different worlds. It has been opened since we got here. The other creatures keep going here back and forth, and the Zodiac people are already moving forward, building their lives back again. The Pixies, who I've seen so beautiful and sneaky and playful, are doing their best to restore the forest back to life.

The Great Alpha has also sent his warriors to roam the wilderness three times a day, just to check if there are any suspicious scents or whatsoever. The Enchanters, Magus, and the Shamans are doing rituals here and there.

It might take a couple of days before they leave, once they are sure that we could be left out without any of their supervision.

Grabbing my boyfriend's hand in mine, he looks at our clasped hands and smiles, cheeks flushing as he looks up at me through his lashes. Before, Albert displayed this mysterious and creepy guy, with his aura being dark, you wouldn't think that he's very lovely at all. His truest personality was so hidden inside him that people never really got to know him. And somehow, I feel honored to see him naked (not sexually, though). He spilled his dark past to me and my family, a sign that he trusts us, and that's somehow everything to me.

He's different in my sight now. He basically glows. With his smile being always etched on his lips, his eyes crinkling, his teeth showing, you'd think that this kid has no dark past at all. Messing with his hair, he pouts at me and pries my hand off of his head, arching a brow at me and I lean down, pecking his lips and it leaves my lips tingling.

"We still have to go on Earth," he whispers, his eyes looking focusing anywhere but me.

Chuckling as I shake my head, I tug on his hand, ready to slip right through the portal just, so we'd be transported into Earth. Albert follows me, his hand still in mine. We slip right through the portal and our world magically fades and replaces with a new world. With the trees standing high, and the howl of the wolves, the crisp air blowing into our face, the rustling of the trees and bushes, we are on Earth.

The warriors, their leader I recognize Damien, jump out of the bushes with a suspicious look on his face. But as soon as his eyes meet mine, he immediately raises his right hand, a symbol for the werewolves to stop what they are doing. Immediately, the werewolves stop growling and pawing, and they suddenly turn to their human form, not really caring that they are naked. I guess they are already used to this kind of stuff.

I would totally torture whoever's going to see my Albert naked. Only I get to see it, nobody else but me.

Damien greets us, bowing down and motioning for us to follow him. The others shift back to their wolf form again, their bones cracking and popping, and it makes us flinch. Once they finish shifting, they immediately run forward, leaving us behind.

"Does it hurt? I mean, when you guys shift?" My boyfriend asks Damien curiously, his head tilting.

Damien chuckles, looking over his shoulder. "At the first shift, it did hurt, but we got used to it," he responds, and Albert nods his head. "It's in our nature. We shift because we need to. It's part of who we are. My first transformation, it felt like my bones were being pulled out of my body."

Albert scowls, not really liking the image that has popped up in his head, and he looks at me with furrowed brows. I suppress a chuckle, focusing on the back of Damien rather than looking at my boyfriend. He looks like an innocent kid who has been exposed to drugs and all. He shakes his head at me, scowling.

Reaching their 'pack land', the warriors are training, others are running back and forth across the field with so much haste my eyes can barely see them. The Great Alpha is giving commands to the members, pointing his index finger here and there.

Damien walks up to the Great Alpha and motions for us, and a faint smile makes its way towards his lips upon meeting us. "Nice to see we have a visitor," he chuckles, scratching the back of his head, "but I gotta say you're on the wrong timing. We're about to go to Spirit Realm to join the battle. You must have heard of that, haven't you?"

Join the battle? Albert and I share a look before moving our gazes back at the Great Alpha, who looks at us with a confused expression. "What battle?"

"Oh," he says as if he's in shock. Then he scowls, furrowing his brows. "The Queen of the Shamans has told us that there's a battle going on in the Spirit Realm."

"I know that we will be coming into the Spirit Realm just to clean the place down today," I remember the Queen telling that to me, but she never really said something about war. "Who are the enemies?"

"We have yet to know," the Great Alpha says. "But we're about to go there. Are you going with us?"

"Yes," I reply with no hesitation.

The Great Alpha has told us where Shawn's room is, and we are being led by a nurse named Beige. She's really nice and beautiful, and she definitely has the curves. If I were really a straight man, as in 100% straight guy, I would totally go for her. But she's not really attracted to me. In fact, she has this strong and thick aura that says she's totally in love, which I ignore.

Beige motions for us to one of the rooms in the infirmary and leaves us out. Hesitantly, with just the nod of my boyfriend's head at me, I knock on the door and hear the voice that I used to love, but now, it's just a normal voice that rings in my ears.

Dylan is still important to me, and he'll always have a special place here in my heart. But my heart has a lot of rooms for the love of Albert.