Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Smiling, I beam up at the expression of Penthra, who by the way, has become rigid as she watches Dylan. Due to  the exhaustion and the pain in my back that I cannot bear, I hang my head low, shutting down my eyes as exhaustion dawns on me. I can feel Albert trying to shake me, keeping me awake but nothing's working. I can feel the exhaustion eating me alive, and my eyes are drooping down. With one last smile, I shut down my eyes and let the darkness consumes me. In the background, I hear Albert shouting my name.

"Taurus conquers all. Save us, Taurean."

The man whispers to me as the taller man beside him sinks the knife deeper into the shorter man's stomach, and blood pours all over the ground. I'm left petrified as I stare at the horrible scene in front of me. I'm forced to watch this horrible act. My body has become numbed as the taller man takes off the knife from the shorter man's stomach and looks at the knife that has been buried inside, blood all over it. The taller man looks at it as if he's amazed how a simple knife could take a person's soul.

Finally, the taller man looks at me and when he does, his eyes penetrates mine, and it's like he could see my soul just by looking into my eyes. It feels like I'm naked in his eyes and my dark secrets are exposed. I cannot move nor can I breathe. All I know is that I'm stuck in his gaze, vulnerable and weak. I have just seen the world become like this. From beautiful to nightmare. Frantically searching for an exit to protect myself, I hear the screams of the people being tortured. I shake my head, trying to get the screams of the tortured people out of my head. They are not going away. I scream, not wanting to hear anything.

The beat of my heart has become erratic, pounding hard against my chest.

The taller man takes a predatory step towards my direction and I feel myself backing down, taking a step down. The eyes of his are so intense and dark that it makes me cower in fear. To say I'm scared is an understatement. No, what I feel is beyond that. The word for what I'm feeling towards this man has yet to be invented.

My eyes are going back and forth to the slumped body of the shorter man on the ground to the taller man that's walking to my direction, the knife is still in his hands. The man smiles wickedly and I feel my legs become wobbly that I fall on the ground, breathing raggedly.

"What do you want?" I ask him, voice is meek, showing a hint of fear that I have towards him. Just I thought the smile of the man couldn't get any wider, it did. He looks at me, stripping me until I'm dressing the fear that I have. I want to use my power, to throw objects at him just so it would make him go away from me, but I'm powerless. In fact, I look like a mere boring human when I'm around him. "Why'd you kill the Guardian?"

"Hmm," the man hums as if he's singing a children's song. He throws the knife somewhere, leaning down and looking at me straight in the eyes. "I want every Guardian to be killed. They are a nuisance. They shouldn't be alive. Magenta, ah the sweet Magenta, Guardian of the Pixies, I remember when I killed him. Guardians aren't supposed to be living. They are playing a big roles when it comes to protecting. Without them, it will be a chaos. Now... let's see. There's currently a Guardian living on Earth. I think his name is Marcus, and I think he's a Guardian of the Werewolves. I think he's next on my list, you think?"

Shaking my head, not really sure how to answer him. It's like he's speaking Jargon to me. I don't even know why I'm here, why I'm seeing here.

Turning around, he walks towards the Guardian that he has killed just a few minutes ago and grabs the necklace that is around the neck of the shorter man. The taller man studies the necklace for awhile, eyes glinting with merriment, as if it's the first time he has seen the necklace in his life. "Kid, do you that you are actually seeing the past? Of course, you don't. Though I cannot hurt you, I will when we see each other. You're a threat, kid. You're a possible Guardian. The fact that you can see me - the past, the fact that this Guardian called you Taurean, it's possible that you're currently the Guardian of the Zodiacs, and if you are, which I know you are, you will be killed mercilessly. Just like what I did to this kid. I think this Guardian's name was Timothy, from a Taurus clan but anyways, be prepared. When we see each other, I want you to put up a fight. Nonetheless, you're still getting killed. I must find you as soon as possible and your life shall end in my hands."

"I'm no Guardian!" Whether I'm trying to convince myself or him that I'm not a Guardian, I have no idea. The fact that I'm in danger makes me want to puke. Technically we are all in danger, but I'm in more danger than them. The man laughs loudly, his voice resonating around the place, making it darker. "If, or when, we see each other, I'll make sure that I'll kill you. Remember that. I'll make sure you will pay for all the troubles you have caused!" The man's laugh has become louder. His eyes glint dangerously that makes my skin crawl with fear.

Nodding his head, a smile playing on his lips, he turns around and begins to walk away. "I'll wait for that, kid. Make sure you're prepared. I don't want to fight a kid who can fight like a kid. I hate to kill a kid." I want to scream that I'm 20 years old, and that I'm no kid anymore, but it would be childish. Plus it would earn me a laugh at him, and I don't want that. The fact that he has already stepped on me, degraded me, it's enough. The only thing I could do next is to prepare myself for whatever's coming to me.

Looking at the lifeless body of the Guardian laying on the ground, whose name was Timothy, I walk towards him and pick up the necklace that the taller man has thrown. Studying it, the necklace glistens with something I can't point, and it's glowing pink as soon as I touch it.

Waking up with a gasp, I feel terrified of the dream that I have just seen. I look into my hands and my skin is still crawling with fear. The dream feels real. Albert's head shots up, his eyes wide as he studies me. His arms immediately wrap around my neck, burying his face in the crook of my neck and I chuckle, rubbing his back. The pain in my back is still there, but it's more bearable now that before.

"What happened?" I ask him, my voice groggy from being unconscious. "Wait, how long have I been out?" Realizing that we're in a room, walls are painted white. There's a table sitting on the corner of the room with a flower vase on top of it, the flowers are blooming with different colors. The room is small, but it can fit 3-5 more people. I don't recognize the room at all. "Where are we?"

Albert unlatches himself from me, sighing as he scratches his head. "We're still in the Zodiac City." He holds out his index finger, placing it on my lips, preventing me from speaking. He shakes his head, a small smile is playing on his lips. "Before you freak out, yes, we're still in the Zodiac City. You have been sleeping for almost a day, and yes, Penthra Kaztala is dead. Dylan managed to kill her. Something triggered his power. When Shawn was fighting Penthra, they were making loud noises and their swords were clashing. When Penthra threw something at Dylan, it distracted Shawn, and he tried to run towards his direction. He was busy tending us, but..."

"But what?"

"As soon as Dylan realized that Shawn was running towards our direction, shouting like a mad man, too late to realize that it was just a decoy. What Penthra threw was just a decoy, and the main plan was to distract Shawn, and she succeeded, so Penthra managed to hurt him. She stuck a dagger in Shawn's stomach, which triggered something powerful in Dylan. It's like he has become a mad man. After that, I don't know anymore. I passed out. When I woke up, she's dead, blood pooling around her on the ground. Dylan was crying. I guess he still is."

"Is... is Shawn...?"

"Yes, he still is, but barely."