Chapter 24

Chapter 24

When Albert told me his deepest, darkest secrets of his life, I was given another chance to know him further and I can say that I've known him now better than the others. Your parents and little sister being murdered is enough to turn a sane person to its opposite. I'm proud of Albert for staying sane after all he has been through in his life. It's just sad that I wasn't there when those heartbreaking, world-crumbling, tear-jerking moments happened.

Albert told me that he needed someone in his life that would stay beside him even though he's a ball of mess. He's different. Albert is very different from the others. Even though he has his scars – big scars, it just makes him more beautiful to my eyes. I promise to him, and to myself, that I'd stay on his side no matter what happens. Albert needs me more than ever.

Wrapping my arms around him and planting a sloppy long kiss on his forehead, I feel him smile and sigh in contentment. He sniffs, hiccuping as he tries to calm himself. He doesn't anyone but me. Albert only has me. I promise that he's not going to lose me.

Randomly, I tell him about me being a Guardian and explain to him what being a Guardian means. I have told him everything from the start; from my discovery up to here, not leaving any information, even the smallest one. Albert needs to know everything about me. I could undress myself just to see the real me, and I'm not going to regret anything about it. Since Albert is my boyfriend now, he deserves and should know everything about me.

At first, he remains silent. I think that he's thinking that I'm crazy and all.

I could always take a look inside his head, and see what he's thinking of me. Hell, I could even change his set of thoughts but that would backfire on me. I don't want Albert getting mad at me. I can practically see the gears working inside his head as he processes what I've told him. But with everything that has happened just recently, I wouldn't say or think that I'm lying, that Dave is lying about me being a Guardian.

The mysterious man in my dream has told me that he thought I'm a Guardian.

Which I really am.

Which makes my life in danger.

Since Albert is my boyfriend now, his life could be in danger, too. I need to protect him from harm as he has been through a lot of ups and downs in his life. He couldn't afford to be harmed more. The kid has dealt with a lot of pain already, and now, it's time to mend his broken heart, and the one who should mend it would be me and nothing else.

"Have you told Dylan about this?" He asks me, his voice monotonous as he looks up at me with his dark but gorgeous eyes. I shake my head. I have yet to know my duties as a Guardian and I need a lot of guidance from either Marcus – the other Guardian of the Werewolves, or Dave.

Planting a kiss on his forehead again, I murmur, "Dylan has a lot on his plate right now,"

Ever since Dylan talked to the Queen of the Shamans, and he got too excited about bringing Shawn on Earth. Apparently Dave's promise has not left his mind, and when his eyes sparked, his hope was basically lighting up in neon lights above his head. I can't really blame him. Dylan never loses hope, even if he wants, too. He's just that type of person who never gives up even though he's already dead tired. That's why I admire him. That's one of his traits that captured my heart.

"I'll tell him soon," I mumble, leaning down and pecking him on the lips, which makes Albert blush at the action. I smile at him, letting him know that he should not be awkward because for one, I'm his boyfriend now; and two, I will randomly do it, unexpectedly more often.

After what seems to be an hour of hugging, cuddling, and spooning, both Albert and I decide that it's best to pack up my stuff. I don't know what life waits for us when we get out of this realm, but I know that I'll be back here as soon as possible since I agreed with the Queen of the Shamans that I'll help them 'clean' this place. It may take a while due to the place being a complete mess and a wreck, but we'll manage.

Since the Queen of the Shamans has been aware of me being a Guardian, she says that it's not surprising that it's a Taurus since, well, there's only one Guardian that had been born into a different Zodiac, and that Guardian's name was Francine Valera. She was born and raised as part of the Aquarius. But the rest was born and raised as part of the Taurus.

Once done packing my stuff – three luggage to be exact, I take a seat on the bed, my butt dipping on the soft mattress as I scan my room. There's a lot of stuff that I will be leaving here; things that have a sentimental value to me as they were given by my parents and my little sister. I could totally bring them with me, but that would mean more luggage, which means more struggle. Every piece matters to me. But I guess you really have to let go.

"Are you ready?" My boyfriend asks me as he stands in front of me, his hands resting on my shoulder as he looks at me in the eye. His eyes boring into mine, and I can feel myself being enthralled just by gazing in his eyes. The words feel like they are stuck in the middle of my throat, not wanting to escape my lips and I suck in a breath as he puckers his lips.

Without gaining his permission, I lean up a bit and capture his lips with mine, my hand immediately and automatically resting at the back of his neck, pushing him into me as to deepen the kiss. His hands immediately fly into my hair, giving it a tug that makes me groan.

My boyfriend's lips are addictive; it's like a drug that I want to consume every goddamn time. I can practically feel the toxins that his lips release, going inside my body, infecting every part of my body, especially my heart and head. He just feels so right on me. My body is basically catching on fire as our lips continue to mold into one.

His other arm wraps around my neck, and he tries to push me more into him. I smile against our kiss. My boyfriend is enjoying this as much as I'm enjoying our kiss. I nip at his bottom lip, asking for an entrance, and he gives it to me without having to put a fight. Even when I shove my tongue inside his mouth, his tongue never clashes with mine, and he lets me have my way.

Albert, my boyfriend, likes to be dominated.

As the air in our lungs dwindle, we both pull away, breathless and panting like the air has been taken off our lungs completely. The way my chest heft tells me that I've had a good time kissing Albert, and he looks much the same as I do.

"God, your lips are addicting," I vocalize my thought, which has been running inside my head for some quite time now. Albert chuckles, leaning down and pecking my lips again. I hum, clearly enjoying how he's being affectionate with me. "Are you going to do that often?"

Albert seems to think this through, his eyes rolling upwards as if the answer is etched on the ceiling of my room. "Hmmm... maybe." I pout more that I should, making him laugh. My boyfriend rolls his eyes at me playfully. "Alright, I'll do it often. But no kissing once you piss me off." I nod like a kid, grinning widely. "Good, good. Come on, let's bring your stuff. They are probably waiting for us. It's time to leave this crappy world."

"But don't you want to go to your house first and see what you can bring?" I ask him.

He seems to ponder this for a while, his eyes downcast, becoming sad all of a sudden. But his lips tug into a smile, and he shakes his head. I look at him worriedly. "Nah, I've brought it already; it's in my heart. Plus, my home with you is waiting, right?"

I smirk, winking at him. "Sure, baby."

He rolls his eyes at me, holding my hand out and I couldn't be happier than I already am. Just having my boyfriend's hand in mine is enough to make my whole week better. Hell, even a month. I kiss the back of his hand, staring at him as I do so, and he blushes, turning his head away to hide his blush that has formed obviously in his cheeks. I chuckle, shaking my head.

"Let's go, baby."